Recommend me some RAM please

Soldato
I need some ram 8GB for Asrock z68 Extreme4 Gen3 am using Corsair vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 At the moment, but been getting random BSOD and when I run Memtest86 I get hundreds of errors right away.
But windows mem test passes with no errors?

Here the BSOD logs, what you guys think? RAM? But what I dont understand is the random of the BSOD happening before tonights last one was on the 7th and with all the errors Memtest showing wouldn't I crash a lot more?
Am now reading my RAM isn't supported for this board so maybe that why its happening?

34710780.jpg

All advice welcome thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Am now reading my RAM isn't supported for this board so maybe that why its happening?

That wouldn't be the case. Most likely one of the sticks of ram is dodgy, have you tried using them one at a time?

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Sounds like a dodgy stick. As above you can test individually if you wish to but at the end of the day unless you're happy running just 4GB single channel you're going to need to RMA them (and buy a replacement unless you can live without your system up and running for a few weeks). This Kingston RAM is very we'll priced at the minute.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-094-KS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1517

Thanks, Isn't 1.65v bad voltage for sandy bridge? I thought it need to be less than 1.6v?

Soldato
You don't need to run 1.65v through the Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey Run, it will at 1.5volts with Sandybridge.

I'm using 16gb of HyperX Genesis Grey on a Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 at stock voltage.

The motherboard supports XMP profile but set the DRAM voltage manually to 1.5v to 1.55v otherwise it'll be 1.65V.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom