Recommend some good 2.1 PC speakers?

Soldato
OP
Sorry about that, I though you going to spend £200 on the ones you mentioned before.

I still think your better with something even like these Edifiers below, are you that limited on space you can't fit these on? These Edifiers will have a reasonable sound, and some mid range for vocals.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/edifier-studio-r1280t-2.0-42w-rms-speakers-maple-sp-020-er.html
I mentioned some klipsch 2.1 speakers at one point which are around £200, but there seems to be a lot of talk of a sub buzz/hum.

I'll take a look at the Edifiers you've listed... Nice and cheap at least :)

Soldato
I mentioned some klipsch 2.1 speakers at one point which are around £200, but there seems to be a lot of talk of a sub buzz/hum.

I'll take a look at the Edifiers you've listed... Nice and cheap at least :)

Those Edifiers are maybe the most budget for at least reasonable sound quality. And if your budget would stretch to some stands (get them to around ear level) and some isolation foam they would sound even better :).

Another option would be a Mackie CR4 X. Downside on these is rear ported, so can't get them as close to wall as the Edifiers above.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Bose Companion 5 are excellent IMO.

As someone with a reasonably expensive 2.1 setup (I’m excess of 3k), I’d happily have a pair on my desk if I had the space.

Great soundstage, great cohesion (as in, sub works well with the satellites), looks smart and sounds good.

Won’t be as detailed as some options, but it will offer the experience you’re looking for.

The generation before the current gen of companion 5 offered USB connection.

Soldato
I'd recommend the Bose Companion 5's any day (also great for headphone listening) having previously used them and I'm currently using a MarantZ HD-Amp1 attached to a pair of Q-acoustic 3030i

Back
Top Bottom