1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation for a weekend of gaming?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Ole, Apr 20, 2017 at 3:52 PM.

1. Ole

Gangster

Got a free weekend coming up and fancy getting into a new game. It's most likely I will sink a load of time into it over a long weekend, and then not have much time to play it again (I normally just play Overwatch with mates when I have free time for gaming).

I'm thinking maybe a strategy game? Or an RPG?

Any recommendations?

Nothing horror/jumpy - not got the nerves for it!

2. arc@css

Capodecina

Legend of Grimrock titles with/without mods?

3. Ole

Gangster

Interesting suggestion - I'd never heard of these, but they do look good.

I've had The Witcher 3 on my wishlist for a long while - is that too ambitious for a weekend's gaming (i.e. is it too huge)?!

4. arc@css

Capodecina

I haven't got The Witcher 3 so I'm not a good source of information where that's concerned. It is an extremely popular title but it's also a very large game, IIRC.

If you like dungeon crawlers then the LOG games are a must, though they're not short games by any means. If you need help or suggestions where mods are concerned, I'll be happy to chip in. :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 5:04 PM
  5. tek81

Hitman

The Witcher 3 is indeed a huge game, especially with the dlc. It's well worth playing though.

6. bJN

Mobster

Latest Mass Effect?

7. tek81

Hitman

You could probably clear the two Dishonoured games in a weekend. Or, Bioshock infinite. Not strictly rpg titles, but still really good.

8. chroniclard

Mobster

3D Sex Villa.

9. Amatsubu

Wise Guy

Maybe two shorter games?
    I second Bioshock Infinite. Great setting, still looks good, plays nice and the plot is decent.

Devil May Cry might be worth a playthrough. It's a very competent slasher with creative level/enemy design and a great fighting system. On top of that, it's cheap as dirt and looks good.

There's also Shadow of Mordor, Life is Strange, Dishonored etc. Different genres but all are cheap, fun and can be cleared in a weekend.

10. Haggisman

Capodecina

Factorio. My brother introduced me to it early on Sunday evening. Next time i looked at the clock it was 4am! Thank god for bank holidays :p

11. CapitalOne

Hitman

Fallout 4?

If you have that, maybe BF1 interpersed with Wildlands and Cities Skylines...that was me last weekend...

12. ExoMale

Hitman

wouldnt play fallout 4 or games of the same type like the divison. mad max etc, while it has missions, its a big open world and doesnt really have an ending, not that ive ever got that far, but i wouldnt say its one to sink in to for a weekend thats for sure.

battleborn if you like overwatch, but maybe not on pc as i hear the community bigger on console and i only had it on xbox once anyways for my own experience of that, titanfall 2 maybe? one of the wolfensteins?

13. Haggisman

Capodecina

What about Satellite Reign? Cyberpunk RPG/strategy type hybrid, short enough to finish in a weekend i reckon

14. Ole

Gangster

Cheers for all the awesome suggestions chaps, much appreciated!

After reading loads of Steam reviews and watching video reviews, I think I am going to go with... 3D Sex Villa

j/k :p

I'm leaning towards BioShock infinity or Shadows or Mordor, both look awesome. I guess I'm looking for something that will be engrossing, but also relaxing to play, if that make sense?

Also really liked the look of Factorio! How fast is the gameplay? Is it relaxing? Or intense, like StarCraft 2?

Looking through my Steam list, I also have Beyond Earth, which I have never played. I've played loads of Civ in the past - is Beyond Earth good? I loved Alpha Centuri.

15. chef-borjan

Hitman

Mordor has a nice flow to it as you get into it. As you progress into the game its almost like you are dancing through enemies... if dancing with a giant sword counted as dancing.

16. DONOHUE07

Wise Guy

Max Payne 3, looks gorgeous still and you can play through it a single weekend. Great game and can be had from key sites really cheap

17. Haggisman

Capodecina

Factorio is pretty relaxing, it's more about being thoughtful and planning in advance than chaotic micromanaging; getting your production lines running as smoothly & efficiently as possible.

Haven't had much interaction with the enemies yet, but so far it's been a case of setting up a few gun turrets behind a wall, make sure they have a steady stream of ammo, and forget about it :p

18. StarShock

Hitman

Witcher 3 is longer than a long weekend, but is so well put together that even just playing the first big bit of the game is very satisfying. :)

19. Rezident

Mobster

Bioshock Infinite would make for a great weekend.

20. HungryHippos

Soldato

You could try the absolute king of strategy games, Europa Universalis 4 - but be warned there is a learning curve to it and it's pretty steep.