Recommendations for wireless headphones i can easily interchange between PC and PS4/5?

Soldato
Hi all,

I've just managed to get back my ps4 pro from my son (the little bug*er has a ps5 now :D ) but I don't have a headset. I've also got a gaming PC right next to the ps4 but the artics 7 that I have aren't fully functional on the ps4...no chat/game sound separation control etc.

So, my plan is to buy a headset that lets me easy swap over the wireless usb dongle between the ps4 and the pc, depending on what i'm playing...and sell the arctics! I'd be willing to go somewhere in the 100 quid or so realm, as i think that should get me something decent?

Any suggestions for multi-purpose headphones appreciated :)

Soldato
OP
Very, very few headsets have this for PS4/PS5.

For the PS5, only the Pulse 3D headset has this feature.

For something at £100 you'd also be looking at a downgrade from the Arctis 7.

ah, thanks. I hadn't realised so few game with that feature. I think the official ps4 ones i had did have it, but alas my son broke them...maybe I'll reconsider!

Soldato
All the Playstation branded headsets will do as you want, not sure the sound quality vs your Arctis though. Gold/Platinum/Pulse 3D will work on PS/PC you just swap the dongle over. Should be able to get any of them under £100, I have plats and find them pretty good. Personally found Gold very uncomfortable and lacking bass.

Soldato
OP
All the Playstation branded headsets will do as you want, not sure the sound quality vs your Arctis though. Gold/Platinum/Pulse 3D will work on PS/PC you just swap the dongle over. Should be able to get any of them under £100, I have plats and find them pretty good. Personally found Gold very uncomfortable and lacking bass.

I see. You know, after giving it a bit more thought, I think i'm just going to use the arctics 7 on the ps4. I can always mix volume levels in game instead. It's a nice feature to be able to do it on the headphones themselves, but I suspect it isn't worth buying new ones / replacing the good quality arctics for!

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom