Recommendations on Wireless charging for Iphone X and Apple Watch 3

Associate
Hi all I am after recommendations for a wireless charging pad that can charge both my new Iphone X and Apple watch series 3 at the same time when they arrive. Is there a particular standard they must adhere to and can they charge multiple devices at once? I want a pad that can sit on the bedside table for overnight charging.

Thanks

James

Soldato
Think im going to grab the Anker one for mine, only 16.99 on Amazon. Anker gear is usually pretty decent in my finding.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Don't think so? Thought it was just a generic wireless charger but is big enough to charge both.
Thought it had room for charging three things. And I don’t think it will be generic. There will be some sort of Apple secret sauce to make it special. The video showed the screen of the iPhone showing the status of all the charging devices or something like that.

Soldato
The apple one will be really expensive as it has secret sauce.

It goes beyond the normal Qi standard and has a few extra Apple only features.

Soldato
The apple one will be really expensive as it has secret sauce.
It goes beyond the normal Qi standard and has a few extra Apple only features.

Why will it go beyond the Qi standard when their phones do not?
It is to charge future ipads and things as well, are some of these wireless now?
I am confused by this projection, have they nothing at all announced thus far?

Soldato
If you want to charge both devices, you're better off waiting for the official Apple charger.

I've got an Anker charger for my iPhone 8+. It does the job but I'm pretty meh on wireless charging in general.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Why will it go beyond the Qi standard when their phones do not?
It is to charge future ipads and things as well, are some of these wireless now?
I am confused by this projection, have they nothing at all announced thus far?
The Qi standard only allows for one device to be charged at a time, so Apple has made the mat more aware of the devices that are put on it so multiple devices can be charged at once, given that different devices have different power requirements. It also talks back to the "main device" (an iPhone?) to give it status of all the devices that are currently charging. So it's like the AirPods -- they use bluetooth, and you can use them on Android phones, but you only get the special extras like the seamless pairing with an Apple device.

Soldato
You should watch the charging matt part of the keynote, it explains it all. I'm sure you can find the clip on Youtube. Have they announced pricing yet?

Back
Top Bottom