Recommended any family and couples camping sites?

Associate
Looking into buying a large family air tent. We live in the NW area, happy to drive 4 hours or so.

Can you recommend any family camp sites? and also somewhere me and the Mrs could go on our own?... We love walking and nice scenary

Soldato
I went camping with the family and some of my son's friends and their families a couple of years ago.

One had a similar tent to mine, but was the 'air' version. So I made damn sure my pole tent went up quicker :D I was also much less sweaty, thanks to not having to crank the hand powered air pump like he did.

To be honest, I'd flirted with getting the 'air' one, but it was significantly more expensive. Seeing it in action, I was pleased with going for poles.

Man of Honour
Dunno what the situation is like with holidaying in Scotland but stayed here once http://www.cruachanfarm.co.uk/ seemed quite nice and well positioned for a variety of scenic parts though a bit of a trek.

Other than that, living in the South, I've mostly camped North Wales and Lakes/Yorkshire which probably is on your doorstep. Not spent much time camping down here.

Soldato
Looking into buying a large family air tent. We live in the NW area, happy to drive 4 hours or so.

Can you recommend any family camp sites? and also somewhere me and the Mrs could go on our own?... We love walking and nice scenary

https://baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/

Not a million miles away, large and great for families on the bottom fields, great up on the top fields for couples and won't break the bank. Right in the middle of a valley with stunning views and walks every way you decide to head off.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Park foot, Ullswater.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I went camping with the family and some of my son's friends and their families a couple of years ago.

One had a similar tent to mine, but was the 'air' version. So I made damn sure my pole tent went up quicker :D I was also much less sweaty, thanks to not having to crank the hand powered air pump like he did.

Pah, what a peasant!

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/infla...PlccQF7IS2CJUtuZ9AIdPaCuMUuCbQJYaAnF1EALw_wcB

To be honest, I'd flirted with getting the 'air' one, but it was significantly more expensive. Seeing it in action, I was pleased with going for poles.

We have an Outdoor Revolution Airdale 6.0, wouldn't buy another "poled" family tent again. I like the near vertical side walls that you get in good airbeam tents (better than can be achieved in pole tents, unless you get a very heavy, fragile and equally expensive steel poled tent like a Kyham).

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Pah, what a peasant!

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/infla...PlccQF7IS2CJUtuZ9AIdPaCuMUuCbQJYaAnF1EALw_wcB

We have an Outdoor Revolution Airdale 6.0, wouldn't buy another "poled" family tent again. I like the near vertical side walls that you get in good airbeam tents (better than can be achieved in pole tents, unless you get a very heavy, fragile and equally expensive steel poled tent like a Kyham).

Yeah agreed, I have an Outwell air tent now and it's great for our small family.

Can easily pitch it myself while the Mrs keeps the little one busy.

Caporegime

I don;'t think there was ever a question about getting poles or air....

Soldato

Not sure how far it is but Hereford is a great area - Lucksall Caravan and camping site is very good. 90% of the pitches have power. A pitch based system so there's space for a family tent and car on each pitch. I've stayed there many times for astronomy meets.

Back
Top Bottom