Recommended me USB DAC

Soldato
OP
Can you describe how it is better.

firstly I have the Amp version. so don't now how the unamp version would be.
I needed to adjust the volume knob a little to get good audio volume.
I would say on a clock face 7 clock was loud enough for quiet listening & 9 clock for Loud enough listening especially on high note songs!

ill try to describe it in two ways:

First is Summary Laymans terms:
When I played the first song (in FLAC) my jaw dropped & I instantly shut my eyes to listen out for every fine detail. :D

Detailed as I can:
High Notes - Are Extremely High & extremely Detailed, to the point I had to turn it down (ok I did have it a touch loud :) )

Mids.: Are well delivered & could hear every fine detail from them.

Low: Are Very Good & Very detailed

Bass - Feels much Tighter, More detailed & Extended Bass

Sound: The Sounds Sounded much more realistic. Crisp & Soundstage was marvellous.

I tested this also with TitanFall & Google Music For Sound Positioning & Awareness of Multiple Sounds From different sources.

Setup GoogleMusic @ 100% Volume
Setup TitanFall @ Default (believe its like 90% Master volume)

Played around 5 rounds of various game Modes,

I could hear my music clearly & at the same time hear every person trying to jump on me or get positional advantage.

its hard to describe but it was like They was Both Separate in their own right & it delivered them together Well with the same mount of detail.

I tried at one point to block out audio from the game with my mind and listen to just the music & it still sounded great. :D (do this at lot with people :p)

all in all I spent £240 (with new cable + shipping of both unit & cable)
& will do it again.

Next thing i'm doing: is selling my STX No need for that anymore.

Other things ive in the past
SoundBlaster
AUzentech XFI Merdian
DACMAGIC
Xonar DX
Xonar STX

I believe this sounds better than any of these
this unit: 9.5/10 (lost a point due to power on front & would like a vertical stand to)
STX 7.5-8/10

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom