Recording BBC radio

Man of Honour
I use a program called Total Recorder and it records what I hear which is normally Planet Rock and records it straight to MP3.
There are free recorders out there just for this purpose.
In fact I bet the free Audacity will do it.
Just play the radio feed and see if the record bars are going up and down in Audacity.

Theres some here -
http://www.tucows.com/Windows/AudioVideo/Audio/AudioRecorders/

Last edited:
Caporegime
andy8271 said:
same as id use sky plus to keep a program i liked ?

aslong as hes not selling it on cd or something who cares

For one thing you pay a subscription to Sky, and for another... have you checked all the T's and C's to make sure there's not a limit on how long you can keep a program?

Sure, I'm playing devil's advocate here, but that's the law...

Associate
vonhelmet said:
For one thing you pay a subscription to Sky, and for another... have you checked all the T's and C's to make sure there's not a limit on how long you can keep a program?

AFAIK the is no time limit clearly defined in law for time-shifting or in the Sky Ts & Cs.

I agree the OP is on dodgy ground using the term "keep" but then who is to know. Well apart from an entire internet forum where he posted this intention ;)

The law is an ass ;)

Man of Honour
jamescbritton said:
What about spliting the audio into smaller pieces? I.e. split a 2 hr show into 4 1/2 parts is that possible with any software?

Meet the wonderful fully featured Total Recorder -

totalrecorder.jpg

Soldato
Do these programs just record what you hear, or can they download the stream in some way.

I'd love to be able to download a radio show to listen on my mp3 player at work, but I don't want to have sit and watch it record for 2 hours.

Associate
MonkeyMan said:
Do these programs just record what you hear, or can they download the stream in some way.

I'd love to be able to download a radio show to listen on my mp3 player at work, but I don't want to have sit and watch it record for 2 hours.

See my last post above. I normally schedule a cron job to run in the early hours of the morning following the "publication" of the updated stream on the BBC AOD pages. There's no need to sit around watching a recording take place :)

Permabanned
vonhelmet said:

We also pay a licence for Radio and TV. There is no legal issues with this at all so lets keep with the request and save the pub talk for the pub.

Cool Edit Pro will stream recordings from radio too. Think its owned by Adobe now?

Caporegime
Faithless said:
We also pay a licence for Radio and TV. There is no legal issues with this at all so lets keep with the request and save the pub talk for the pub.

You pay a license to watch. There is a legal allowance to time shift, but not to keep. There are legal issues, it just appears that you don't know about them.

Back
Top Bottom