• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Dead Redemption 2, GPU Benchmark, What You'll Need To Play!

Soldato
Why not benchmark it on Ultra!

High settings is not for PC Master Race

Most likely because at Ultra max settings 4k a 2080ti is only getting 39fps with lows of 17. It would be a proper slideshow on anything else. I am not even sure if max settings are a go at 1440p on most other cards if you want 60fps. Guy on link below benches it at max 4k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl7stenIRgQ

Associate
I'd say 1440p with Ultra/max sliders/max options/TXAA is probably the sweet spot for high end hardware on this one. The game looks absolutely stunning like that. In the end, people don't have to open sub-menus and drag things to beyond the presets but it's nice to see a PC title (and port no less) that does offer the headroom to push the limit.

Caporegime
Would anybody know why I might be getting particularly low, lows on my Ryzen 3900x?

Noticed it running this benchmark compared with Gamers Nexus for instance. I've done two runs at 4k/Ultra and gotten decent max and average frame rates, but my low frame rate was 7 FPS on the first run and 6 FPS on the second.

I ran the benchmark without afterburner so I wasn't monitoring the 'live' frame rate, nor did I notice an obvious stutter.

I'm sure my PC does something similar in Hitman 2 as well

Soldato
Would anybody know why I might be getting particularly low, lows on my Ryzen 3900x?

Noticed it running this benchmark compared with Gamers Nexus for instance. I've done two runs at 4k/Ultra and gotten decent max and average frame rates, but my low frame rate was 7 FPS on the first run and 6 FPS on the second.

I ran the benchmark without afterburner so I wasn't monitoring the 'live' frame rate, nor did I notice an obvious stutter.

I'm sure my PC does something similar in Hitman 2 as well

Perhaps clean reinstall the GPU drivers? See if that makes a difference?

Soldato
'the 2600K, the 2011 CPU is really not bad for being 8 years old now'

classic chip but definitely some strange results there, think I'll pick up the game later when hopefully they have ironed out some issues :p

Back
Top Bottom