Red Hot Chili Peppers new single

Caporegime

God I am so excited. Blows my mind to see John playing with them again.

Not sure what's going on with Anthony's accent though... :p

Album 'Unlimited Love' is out 1st of April.

Soldato
Solo is fantastic. Some great ideas. The rest sounds like the Chilis. That’s not necessarily a dig but it feels like their sound stopped progressing c2003 and this could happily slot in as an album track on By The Way or Stadium Arcadium.

Soldato
I think it's got a different vibe to Stadium, seems a mix of their cali/by the way sound but with something new, that's how I hear it anyway! I can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm a bit of a fan (have tickets to see them in June).

Bit of an Irish folk song vibe to the vocals but he didn't need to try push an accent with it, bit weird.

Does just sound like Chilis and their clear definition of each band member, that's what fans have wanted and the whole point of John coming back. Josh was always filling in/emulating him sadly. 17 track album coming in April so hopeful of something new and lasting.

Soldato
hmmn, im torn of this, loved Californication, By the way and to some degree Stadium Arc but admittedly beyond those albums never really listened to the back catalog. (maybe im missing out? :)) other than what featured on Beavis and Butthead back in the day :D

Sounds somewhat clinical, predicable. Not to dissimilar to the latest from the likes of Muse - formulaic, hopefully the album will be more revealing.

That aside its better than most the tosh released by the current pop lot :D

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmn, im torn of this, loved Californication, By the way and to some degree Stadium Arc but admittedly beyond those albums never really listened to the back catalog. (maybe im missing out? :)) other than what featured on Beavis and Butthead back in the day :D

Sounds somewhat clinical, predicable. Not to dissimilar to the latest from the likes of Muse - formulaic, hopefully the album will be more revealing.

That aside its better than most the tosh released by the current pop lot :D
Late to the party, but yes you are missing out by not listening to 'the back catalog'.

BSSM is 100% worth you listening. Objectively the quality declines as you go back in time from there, but Mother's Milk is still a very good album (and not at all clinical, predictable or formulaic, which you say you don't like), and if you like Mother's Milk you'll definitely get something out of UMPP too. Albums 1 and 2 are a miss for me, maybe I should try again though.

Soldato
absolutely - i saw a few reviewers at the time say BSSM is the best album RHCP will ever release and they weren't wrong. Not because the others are bad; BSSM is just so good.

Back
Top Bottom