Red meat gives you cancer

Soldato
just scanned that article, same old ****e as far as I can see, for being a 6-years study it's still all "can", "could", "It is thought" and numerous other non-committals. study shows about 0.5% people got cancer, 0.4% if eating 21g a day. and even then, it doesn't say that that cancer was DIRECTLY caused only by the eating of that meat.
"Cancer Research UK (CRUK) says 5,400 of the 41,804 cases of bowel cancer seen each year in the UK could be prevented if people did not eat processed meat at all." - and how do they prove that?

"People can still eat meat and be healthy" yeah, thanks for the scoop, that's how humans are designed.

well done for them milking 6 years of "research" grant money though.

Soldato
May as well not eat drink or breathe going by these little "studies".:rolleyes:

Well no, it's mostly red processed meat specifically being linked to bowel cancer. It's good to know the risks for people who eat it regularly. I'm not sure how anyone can be angry at being given advice they can choose to follow or not follow.

Caporegime
how is this news, I've been hearing it for about 30 years. always closely followed by a countering article.

Nah it is true AFAIK, I don't think there is any counter article to state that the evidence is false - red meat in general is a probable risk and processed red meat almost certainly is.

Though that doesn't mean people need to be paranoid about it, just don't eat too much of the stuff especially the processed stuff. Home made burger is a lower risk than some store bought burger etc...

Soldato
Stories like this give me cancer. You have to remember there's a very active movement of vegans who will do as much as they possibly can to spread the word that meat gives you cancer. Not only vegans but global warming tree huggers too. Cos the gas methane that cows give off by constant farting does apparently contribute to global warming. Anyway, i'm having to give up red meat and eat more fish :( , which is a freaking crying shame cos i love grilling big juicy steaks on my weber ... My cholesterol is too high. Either i go on meds, or cut back on all the burgers and steaks... Not give up ! just cut back.

Associate
When my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer years back she was told by every doctor to avoid red meat (bacon in particular) like the plague. Granted that's a slightly different situation to not having cancer and eating bacon but they give the advice because of the countless studies over many years which have linked bacon to cancer.

This isn't some new thing they have just made up to worry people.... it's something they've been saying for decades and to my knowledge have never budged on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom