Refused credit/finance ona TV- advice

Soldato
Do credit cards really help with the credit rating then? I despise the idea of having a card that has money that isnt mine on it...

As do I. I'm too prone to impulse spending, and having seen what it can do (parents), I'll probably never get a credit card unless I get desperate. Now that I have a job, I'm living within my means nicely.

Soldato
seeing credit cards as only for 'desperate' because of mistakes your parents made is ridiculous

i use mine to buy literally everything and at the end of every month i pay it off , while using it everything i buy is insured and i also get other small perks from using it whilst building up a healthy credit rating. i suppose it is also there incase of emergency

win win

Soldato
2. Failure to pay council tax would likely result in the issuance of some kind of a CCJ (When you owe money to someone, they can apply to the County Court for a judgment (CCJ) against you to claim the money. The Court will decide whether there really is a debt to pay. If there is, they will issue a CCJ. This will set out how the debt should be repaid.). However if you cleared the decks with the council and paid up it would show up on your credit rating as a late payment.

My understanding is that a council has to first go to court to be granted a liability order - in essence an agreement by a judge that you do indeed owe unpaid council tax. This is NOT a CCJ and isn't recorded on your credit record. I doubt if it was two instances of late paid council tax he would have had anything other than this.

And as a side note as to how I know - I have one and it's never affected my credit rating :D

Permabanned
Got 2/5 from noodle

Turns out i was on the electoral roll but as from 2010 i havent been on the dited one.

Nothing about late council tax paymenst appear though

Does it affect your credit report if you are not on the edited Electoral one, but are on the full one?

Back
Top Bottom