Reliable & Good Quality Teamspeak servers

Associate
Ive always used darkstar hosting for ventrillo servers, american based company but have servers in london which have pretty much 100% uptime.

Cant go far wrong with killer creation though :).

Soldato
you mentioned good quality and teamspeak in the same sentance, never have i heard that before lol, i find it still pretty hard on the ears even with best codecs.

I like vent the best, best sound quality and have had a vent server for many years now.

Not tried mumble though.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Mumble is good, some say better quality than vent (though i find that hard to believe) but apparently is a pig to set up....

...and yes, vent sounds way better than TS any day.

Associate
Mumble is good, some say better quality than vent (though i find that hard to believe) but apparently is a pig to set up....

...and yes, vent sounds way better than TS any day.

But vent laggs like a mofo. Buffers people talking. ts isnt as clear but least it doenst lag even with people 1000 on it.

Soldato
I've always found Vent to be better in my experience. Much clearer than TS.

On out Vent server we never experience any lag. Then again we only have 25 ppl max at a time not 1000...... althought I find it hard to believe you will have 1000 people on at once.

Soldato
1000 on teamspeak, i can feel my ears beginning to bleed just thinking about it lol.

i've never noticed any lag on my vent to shout about, maybe a spike or a dc buts that been down to the hosting company. I have had between a 30man and 10man server and all is good on best codecs.

i find too many clans get caught up in the looks of teamspeak and vent, people say vent looks poo so they wont use it.

I've used both and can say i'd never pick teamspeak for me and my friends/clan unless they improve the sound quality.

i did read that mumble was difficult to setup.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Agreed, never had lag on vent. (on a 20 man server)

My clan moved from TS to vent, at the time no one wanted to move, but once they tried it they preferred vent 100% and said they dont want to go back. :)

Soldato
Agreed, never had lag on vent. (on a 20 man server)

My clan moved from TS to vent, at the time no one wanted to move, but once they tried it they preferred vent 100% and said they dont want to go back. :)

lol i love it, a great success story, makes me emotional to see a group of people touched by vent haha.

After all these positive vent reviews i urge you to try it Gimpymoo, unless there is a feature on ts that you need then i agree with others its a good price.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
@ OP our clan use GTXgaming and weve never had any problems with Teamspeak, having read this thread though I'm tempted to shift over to Vent for a trial.
I just got a 12 slot vent server for a month for £2.40 on top of the TS for testing, Clan tried it and TS was soon made redundant. :)

Man of Honour
I think Ventrilo is better for standard team comms, when I used to do live commentary though we used teamspeak as it scaled better with hundreds of clients.

Associate
Ventrilo is better for the uk cs scene anyway, but the only gripe is that there is no unix support like there is for ts, if they had that they would win end of.

Back
Top Bottom