Remember remember sometime around the beginning of November

Man of Honour
A little yapping b****** who is noisier than a jet engine from mid-November until the end of October has apparently just decided that he doesn’t like loud noises.

Tyson the Yorkshire Terrier’s owner Michelle Garridge has slammed people in her area who are letting off fireworks and terrorising her pet, even though he regularly keeps them all awake until 2am because he may or may not have seen a cat three streets away.

She added, ‘Why do fireworks have to make a loud noise when they go off? Hasn’t someone invented silent gunpowder get?’

‘Poor little Tysey Wysey Woo Woo is a very delicate soul, and the only reason that he barks at everyone and everything is that he is expressing his individuality.’

‘To think that people want to literally force him to poo himself is just devastating to me.’

‘I have toddlers as well. Would it be too much to ask for people to finish letting them all off by 3pm so I have time to give them dinner and sort out bedtime?’

Dr Fanjita Queef is head of sociological social studies at the University of West Southend, and she told us that people who complain about fireworks are often the same people who moan about the World Cup moving Coronation Street for four weeks out of every 208.

She added, ‘These individuals can often be spotted on Facebook in mid-June giving the impression that being forced to wait until 9.45pm for Corrie is just as traumatic as having a kidney removed.’

‘FIFA are due to debate the possibility of introducing soap breaks during the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, with those actually attending the matches getting Coronation Street and Eastenders beamed live onto giant screens.’
:D

Associate
With all the eco stuff going on I'm suprised no one has brought up fireworks yet. It's basically throwing litter in to the sky and no clue where it's going to land.

But as said above, it's about time they stopped selling them to the public and only allowed them at large public events tbh. I live quite close to the local football club and they are always setting them off, gets old after a while.
If we are talking about harmful to the environment shouldn't Christmas be banned? All those Christmas lights causing light pollution all that wrapping paper that gets made just to go in a bin all the extra hours shops open burning fossil fuels for their electric etc...

Soldato
If we are talking about harmful to the environment shouldn't Christmas be banned? All those Christmas lights causing light pollution all that wrapping paper that gets made just to go in a bin all the extra hours shops open burning fossil fuels for their electric etc...

Over time it will become greener. For instance, we've used recyclable wrapping paper for a few years now and are more conscious about tinsel and plastic trees. Have a bare but lit (LED) potable tree from a sustainable source for example.

Whenever the eco subject appears it always seems to be that there's an expectation to stop and change everything IMMEDIATELY, YOU HORRIBLE DISGUSTING PEOPLE! Where in reality, nobody is expecting you to go a move to a hippy commune and drink your own ****, I hope. Change for a greener society is likely and expected to occur over time, some are willing to make sudden changes yes, but that's cool too.

Soldato
Seriously ****** off with this now. More blasted fireworks being let off and the cats are terrified yet again. Ban them already!!!

Have you always been this ****** off with it or is it only just recently you're more ****** off with it?

I'm noticing more and more pipe up about animals, some who have hosted their own parties in the previous years without a care.

Soon there will be nothing fun / good / loud left. My cat didn't flinch when they went off, I suggest your cats man up m8

Caporegime
Have you always been this ****** off with it or is it only just recently you're more ****** off with it?

I'm noticing more and more pipe up about animals, some who have hosted their own parties in the previous years without a care.

Soon there will be nothing fun / good / loud left. My cat didn't flinch when they went off, I suggest your cats man up m8

It's not just animals, there are literally people going about launching them horizontally at people, at their homes, their cars, bonfires right in the middle of cities... it's seems to be less about having fun, and more about having fun at other peoples expense, which is probably why 87% of people in Scotland would support a ban right now (16000 people survey, though it's probably biased, a youguv survey had it at 58% ban and 71% control), likely to be the same in England, as it's a more populated place, probably more so.

The cost to the fire service, NHS and Police having to deal with some of the irresponsible usage, is bad enough, the harm to others however, is where the line is drawn.

No way it isn't legislated against in the next couple of parliaments, people can still have fun by going to a legal display and supporting the local economy, or if there is to be an allowance of personal usage, restricted to holidays they're meant for rather than from the middle of October to New Year.

Last edited:
Soldato
We had the sunroof smashed on the missus's car by a firework. £75 excess and she now can't use the car for a week and will have to take time off work to get it sorted as Autoglass can't get the part until next week and will only fit it at one of their workshops. I now can't work out for a week either as the car has to go in the garage. My neighbour said she was having rockets landing on her decking still lit. A friends mum had one hit her in the face last week, leaving a nice burn just below her eye which could have been much worse! Letting off fireworks in a residential area is just irresponsible, it just causes damage and hassle. As a kid we only ever went to the local organised display which was always on a field away from everything.

Man of Honour

We live on a small estate in a quiet cul-de-sac with our houses backing onto fields and until a couple of years ago, apart from the hotel down the road at Christmas and New Years eve, we haven't had much in the way of fireworks going off. Last year was pretty bad but this year it's been ongoing for well over a week now, day and night. It's a nuisance full stop. Saying that my cats should "man up" is a crappy thing to post. They were just terrified as were all of our neighbours cats and the neighbours across from us three dogs. Animals don't like loud and sudden noises.

When I was a kid dad would take us down to the rugby ground where the Round Table had a organised display. Nowadays there are plenty of organised displays around and all of them around here were free with the organisers going around with collecting buckets so there is no need for people to buy fireworks.

Just look at all of the troubles with fireworks this year. People firing them at the police, fire service and ambulance crews and even people passing by in the street. We see this in the news every year and it seems to be getting worse so the sooner they are banned for public use the better. If you want to see fireworks go to a organised display.

Soldato
It's not just animals, there are literally people going about launching them horizontally at people, at their homes, their cars, bonfires right in the middle of cities... it's seems to be less about having fun, and more about having fun at other peoples expense, which is probably why 87% of people in Scotland would support a ban right now (16000 people survey, though it's probably biased, a youguv survey had it at 58% ban and 71% control), likely to be the same in England, as it's a more populated place, probably more so.

The cost to the fire service, NHS and Police having to deal with some of the irresponsible usage, is bad enough, the harm to others however, is where the line is drawn.

No way it isn't legislated against in the next couple of parliaments, people can still have fun by going to a legal display and supporting the local economy, or if there is to be an allowance of personal usage, restricted to holidays they're meant for rather than from the middle of October to New Year.

Thats just general yobbishness, if it wasn't that it'll be knives, or stones, or something. Lets make stones illegal eh? They're no use for anything and if some lout throws one at you it could kill. Ban the stones!

Short of locking these people up they'll find some way of causing trouble. If they can't find an object they'll use their bare fists most likely.

Soldato
Are the people who have scared cats keeping them indoors all year or something? I've had 10 cats in my life and not one of them has been scared of fireworks. I tried to get my current two cats in early on November 5th this year after reading about scared pets but they weren't interested and came in at their usual time. We get a lot of fireworks for Diwali and Guy Fawkes night where I live, so maybe they are just used to it.

Caporegime
Thats just general yobbishness, if it wasn't that it'll be knives, or stones, or something. Lets make stones illegal eh? They're no use for anything and if some lout throws one at you it could kill. Ban the stones!

Short of locking these people up they'll find some way of causing trouble. If they can't find an object they'll use their bare fists most likely.

That isn't even the argument here, we still need knives for kitchens, they're practically essential, explosives are not, they are very much a liberty that is being abused.

The fact that said yobs have the guts to launch them at emergency services, when they otherwise wouldn't have (they're much less likely to get into a punch up with police), is only going to get worse. Nobody should have to wonder if they'll be attacked by what is little more than projectile bombs while they go about their day. Whether you like it or not, it will be legislated against, it is a liberty, not a right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom