Rememberance Sunday

DcD

DcD

Associate
Thinking of going up to the cenotaph at Whitehall this Sunday for rememberance, I've lived in London for years but can't decide whether to brave the masses and crowds. Not to mention, I'm not sure if I can physically get up so early on a Sunday morning to trek in London for 8am. My contingency plan is to go to the local cenotaph.

Does anyone else visit their local cenotaphs at all on Rememberance Sunday?

Soldato
Nothing wrong with going to your local cenotaph, I do every year, take my granddads medals with me also. Me & Dad then go home and have a fry up & watch BBC. :)

DcD

DcD

Associate
OP
Nothing wrong with going to your local cenotaph, I do every year, take my granddads medals with me also. Me & Dad then go home and have a fry up & watch BBC. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mean "is it cool?". If visiting a cenotaph is considered uncool, and people avoid doing it because of that, then I shall promptly lose faith in society.

Soldato
All the local villages round here are quite small and they all have their own separate cenotaphs so there is no huge crowds.... Shame 2 out of 3 of them are literally on a main road though :o

Back
Top Bottom