• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Removal of conductive paint

Associate
Hi people! Just wondering if anyone can advise me whats gonna be the best thing to use to remove conductive silver paint from a 7900GT? I'm gonna give the 1.4v voltage mod a go but don't trust myself to do it right the first time so would like something to remove the paint if it all goes pear shaped! an advice would be most welcome!
Thanks guys!

Soldato
KWJay said:
Hi people! Just wondering if anyone can advise me whats gonna be the best thing to use to remove conductive silver paint from a 7900GT? I'm gonna give the 1.4v voltage mod a go but don't trust myself to do it right the first time so would like something to remove the paint if it all goes pear shaped! an advice would be most welcome!
Thanks guys!

Your average school rubber should do it :D

Associate
OP
well guys i was thinkin there maybe something that would remove it completely. i thought i read somewhere that isopropyl alcohol does the job if you want to remove all traces of the stuff but can't remember where i saw it. any thoughts?

Associate
How can you do the 1.4v mod with a pencil? Can you just draw a line and have the current go through the graphite trail? I would't have thought it could take that much. How effective is it? And does it last?

Associate
OP
Exactly, thats why i'd like to know what can remove the paint properly in case it leaks around the other connections as its in such a tiny space!

plus i've already bought the paint, so no way do i wanna scribble on my card with a pencil! :D

Soldato
Mine has been fine for the last few weeks, honest, just a normal hb pencil, steady hand required to make the connection lines, i just thought i`d give it a go, and i assume it works cuz without the pencil line, i cannot get 630 on the core no way

Associate
It must work, cos there's no way I could get more than 570 without the mod. Having said that with the mod I CAN get the core to 670, though I have to drop it to be gaming stable in Oblivion. I also found that dropping the core a bit (to 650 say) allowed the memory to go much further, which gave a fairly sizable increase to my performance.

Soldato
I mainly stopped doing anythink further, because im not keen on oblivion`s actual gameplay, and thus i dont see me playing it again. Im so glad i got the OCuk 7900GT, with the VF900, & overclocking its more than i could have hoped for. Ive got to a stage where i thought, if it aint broke, dont fix it !

Back
Top Bottom