Rent a roof rack?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Anyone know if it is possible to rent a roof rack for a bike? I have a Golf MK7 and was looking to take two bikes to a local forest. This is more of a once or twice thing rather than serious hobby so didn't want to splash too much cash.

Thanks!

Soldato
Not heard of it over here. A little in the US.

Pick some roof bars up second hand and a bike rack second hand too? I paid about £25 for some roof bars vs dealer £120+ and then I bought 2 x Thule 598's from Halfords with work vouchers at 7% off then 10% off BC discount.

Caporegime
If your only doing it once/twice, just throw them in the boot. They'll fit. I've had two people and two full sus bikes in a clio, incl kit etc. Just put something down, and be careful.

Soldato
OP
If your only doing it once/twice, just throw them in the boot. They'll fit. I've had two people and two full sus bikes in a clio, incl kit etc. Just put something down, and be careful.
Didn't think of that... might see if I can easily take the tyres off to make it more likely to fit.

Soldato
It'll easily fit.
I've had 3 bikes in the back of a (mk6) golf with the seats down. Also, on a different occasion, a full size road bike in the boot without the seats down - but that was trickier to get in.

You'll probably only need to take the front wheels off to fit 2 bikes in. Get an old sheet or something to use as a boot liner and something else as padding between the 2 bikes if you're worried about scratches.

Soldato
I used a tarp in my car before i bought my bike racks. They are cheap enough and if you buy a big one you can fold it over a few times which will sort of act as padding.

Back
Top Bottom