1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Antec P182 fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by JustinB, 18 Nov 2007.

1. JustinB

Gangster

Can anyone recommend some fans to replace the ones in the antec p182. The ones that come with it are too loud on anything but low. But they dont shift much air when on low. Any way i could use the fan controls built into the case too by any chance?

Thanks

2. jak731

Soldato

the sharkoon range is suppose to be quiet, as for using the built in fan controller, if the new fans fit it it should be fine

3. Aod

Sgarrista

i'm fairly sure that the fan controllers built into the case are actually built into the fans.

4. JustinB

Gangster

Yes thats what i thought. Was thinking if they could be wired up somehow. What about these? are these any good?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-005-SY

If they cant be wired in is there an good controller i can use that supports 3 fans. I dont really want a bay one though. I am also thinking of scrapping my reserator+1, as it doesnt seem to perform as well as it used to. But that could be to do with the flow of air with the antec fans also.

What do people rate for Cpu coolers? It will be used with a 4400x2 939. Would it be the sythes of some sort.

5. Pneumonic

Mobster

check your motherboard for onboard fan controllers, if your not sure what amps/watts they can take read the manual :) but for instance an Asus P5K-E on board controllers are rated at 2amps / 24 watts with a max 84 watt load across the board. Which should be plenty for standard fans

6. JustinB

Gangster

I was just going to use the fan controller for fan speeds.I have had 3-4 fans on this board before.Asus A8N SLi Premium

7. Pneumonic

Mobster

hmm well I no the P5K-E comes with built in speed control for the chassis fans, I do think that board has a version of QFan which would control the speeds based on system temp / load.. You can set profiles depending on if you want performance or silence

8. thefishdude

Wise Guy

my abit 9w max board, has in built fan controls for up to 6 fans soo mine are all onboard controlled. just have to make sure fan you get is a 3 wire one for onboard control

9. sammie377

Hitman

Nochtua fans are very quiet and do push some air.

10. badbob

PermaBanned

I'm using the stock single exhaust fan on low, find it a bit whiney too. Would snipping the rear mesh help?

11. harris1986

Mobster

yateloon dsl12's and never look back :)