Replacement for a Corsair TX 750w

Associate
The pc that is currently connected to the TX750w randomly shuts down sometimes even on light load. It's quite an old system Gigabyte X58a-ud7 with an i7-930, 3x4GB RAM and a 7750 or 7770. The system has 2 SSD's and 3HDD along with 2 optical drives and 5.25 inch drive bay. The system is not overclocked and l would think that the PSU would cope well with such a low load.

Anyone has any recommendations for a replacement PSU? Something in the 650-750w range should be more than enough.

Soldato
Cant see why not. Not a fan of Corsair PSU's myself due to a 50% failure rate (both were Seasonic based corsairs though) I own both Seasonic (this one works! :p ) & EVGA PSU's in the last couple of years with no issues.

Associate
OP
Seasonic and Super flower were my first choices but after reading some reviews on the Corsair RM750x on tomshardware and jonnyguru l was surprised by the stellar reviews.

Associate
The new Corsair RMx series and higher are decent units and compete with the EVGA/Superflower units. They tend to be just a little bit more expensive than EVGA, but come with a longer warranty depending on the wattage.

Associate
evga ....after having 4 bad psu's in a row and weeks of rma from corsair went with a evga ...
after 15 months it went faulty but a new one was in the pc after 4 days ..and it was the next model up .. quick live chat 5 mins .. returned it to a uk address .. 3 days later new one turns up sealed ..that is customer service you cant beat

Back
Top Bottom