Replacement for EVGA 600W - its back for a warranty job

Associate
Hi,

I have just upgraded the main guts for my second PC which the kids have as a games/homework machine, (guess which happens more).

I have an older Nivdia 760GTX as the current graphics card, plus a SATA DVD drive, a 128Gb Kingston SSD, a 600Gb HDD and need a single MOLEX connector for the large fan in the top of the case.

I am going to be putting a new second HDD (2 Tb Seagate) alongside the HDD and may replace the graphics card with a 1060 6Gb version down the line.

The EVGA 600W has been a crap PSU it is only 18 months old, but has caused many problems since it was only 7-8 months which have only been finally realised with the upgrade (I thought it was the 10 year old Asus motherboard).

What should I spend/buy for this set up - not overclocked. I dont have much luck with PSUs and have returned a Corsair under warranty (but they were great). Want UK based RMA (dont think EVGA are).

Although would like semi/modular am not that fussy over cabling that would rather buy a better unit. Have just spent £450 on the upgrade and another planned £55-60 on the HDD, so please give choices but closer to the £50-60 mark than £150.

Other posts would suggest this:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £153.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

I have the following components inside an Antec 900 case:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £518.46 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom