Replacement Mouse Time, Thoughts?

Associate
My Razer Deathadder 2013 is starting to show its age and the right mouse button is starting to not register all the time, I thought I was imagining it but it's definitely happening and getting worse so it's time for a replacement.

I was thinking about just getting a mamba as I am so used to the deathadder that I am wary of changing brand. I'm not a Razer fanboy or anything, I am just the kind of person who gets very used to a keyboard or mouse and find it hard to change.

Reading a few reviews though I came across the Roccat Kain which seems to be getting some good write ups and is reasonably priced too. Does anyone have one of these and can give me their thoughts on it? I know that a mouse is a pretty subjective thing but any input would be appreciated before I make a decision.

Any other thoughts on things I should be considering? I dont care about wired/wireless or RGB. I don't need loads of buttons, just the usual plus a couple of side buttons is fine. I don't mind spending a bit more for something that's worth it but that Roccat one is only about 60 quid which seems decent for the reviews it's been getting?

Cheers

**EDIT**

Should have mentioned my previous mouse was actually a Roccat and whilst I did like it was quite big and bulky as per their designs at the time, however this new one seems to be more in line with the sleeker, more simple design I am after.

uZi

uZi

Associate
You can just buy a new microswitch from various online marketplaces and solder it in. It's a really simple job tbh.

I think the switches are Omron d2fc-f-7n, get the 20 million click versions if you can.

Associate
OP
Well I went ahead and bought the Roccat Kain 122 and its a lovely wee mouse, however I did order some replacement switches and I shall endeavor to fix the Razer, no sense in chucking it out if it can be fixed and put to use :)

Back
Top Bottom