Replacement psu 650w ok?

Associate
so my psu has died after 7 years, I’ve a budget of about £100 but id like to stay under that if possible.

Power supply needs to be modular and ideally small enough to fit in a bitfenix prodigy

Is the evga supernova g2 650w a good psu and does it have enough headroom for a 3770k and a 1070? With the plan being to replace the 3770 with a ryzen setup in the new year?

Associate
so my psu has died after 7 years, I’ve a budget of about £100 but id like to stay under that if possible.

Power supply needs to be modular and ideally small enough to fit in a bitfenix prodigy

Is the evga supernova g2 650w a good psu and does it have enough headroom for a 3770k and a 1070? With the plan being to replace the 3770 with a ryzen setup in the new year?
A 550w PSU is more than ample for your current PC and Ryzen upgrades. Below are some quality choices at different prices:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £237.99 (includes shipping: £11.10)

• The Seasonic is the best of the bunch. It has double the warranty of the others (10 years) and is fully modular.
  • The other two have 5 year warranties, but are not modular at all.
Your PC probably draws around 350w when under load, so 550w means plenty of headroom.

The EVGA 650W G2 is an excellent unit, but it costs quite a lot and has a shorter warranty than the Seasonic. EVGA does offer UK RMA though, which is a nice bonus.​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, I'll check out some of the ones you'd recommended. I've just read the evga one won't fit in the bit fenix prodigy so that's going to rule it out.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I think I'll go for the seasonic focus plus, there small enough that when I do my new build they'll fit in the case I want. Cheers for the help

Soldato
i have the EVGA supernova GS 550w 80 plus gold fully modular which was brilliant till i retired it to box due to now having the system in my sig , a 5850 was the most powerful card i had with it, but you could run a 1080ti off it.

Back
Top Bottom