Replacing kitchen cupboard doors?

Associate
Rather than paint the cupboard doors again, i'm thinking of replacing with something more modern. Any reccomended companies, and is it a case of just taking measurements then ordering chosen style and colour?

Associate
OP
Thanks, if I order new hinges with new doors, are the pre made hole spacings already in the cupboards, industry standard spacings, or do they differ from kitchen to kitchen? Don't mind drilling new holes like, or using those toolstation brackets!

Soldato
They differ unfortunately.

From memory, you measure from the top of the cupboard (top of the cabinet) to the middle of the hinge. It'll be around 11-12cm. But does differ between manufacturers.

There's then a measurement for them. But your door supplier can probably advise.

Somewhere like this will put the fixings wherever you want

https://www.kitchendoorworkshop.co....MI3pqEiubs3AIVRLDtCh0RqQ6uEAQYBSABEgIFcPD_BwE

Soldato
Thanks, if I order new hinges with new doors, are the pre made hole spacings already in the cupboards, industry standard spacings, or do they differ from kitchen to kitchen? Don't mind drilling new holes like, or using those toolstation brackets!

why not take every door off and label each door like A,B,C etc and put a label inside each cupboard.

Take all the doors to a place near you that can cut all of the wood up to size of your choice AND make sure that the hinge cut outs are the same? I wonder if anyone would be able to do this for you?

Then you can bring each door home and fit it in yourself.

Soldato
We've just had all our doors replaced (and an extra cupboard to cover the combi) but we had it done by a company, they came out and measured everything up, ordered the doors we chose and then had them pre-drilled before bringing them to our house, only took the fitter 1.5 days to fit them all and the new cupboard as well.

Most companies will want to come and measure themselves in case of any errors on your part, the about about marking each door is a good suggestions but you'll need a timber yard or kitchen company to take them to.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys,

That kitchen door workshop site looks great, good reviews too, the ones I found so far were all slated across google! I'm going to measure up each door and get a quote. i'd get them to drill the hinge holes in doors, and i'd just have to do new holes in the existing cabinets which will be easy.

Back
Top Bottom