Replacing My Sound Set Up

Associate
Hello all, had my corsairs 2500 speakers for 6 years. And the power units on button has failed. Just wondering what would people recommend as a good set of speakers?

I have had a brief look into studio monitors but its left me with way more questions than answers haaaa.
I enjoy my music and do use my pc as the main source of listening to podcasts and streaming tracks etc.

Sound card i am using is Asus xonar dgx nothing special.

I guess the questions are what to do with? And are studio monitors easy to set up etc?

Budget nothing too crazy so £150 range id say. Many thanks who can help

Associate
Forget PC speakers get yourself a Decent set of stereo speakers and an Amp or Active Speakers i have a pair of Ruark M1 MK2 active speakers with a REL T ZERO sub but Sub could be added at a later date but there out your price range but im sure you could get Decent speakers at that price with a nice little Amp. I used to use PC speakers id never go back

Soldato
Yeah I second nicknack don't waste your money on pc speakers pap.

£150 should get you decent pair of bookshelf speakers second hand then get a cheap t-amp you can afford better.

If you are lucky can get a bargain. I managed to buy a pair of £1000 speakers within your budget and still have money left over.

Soldato
And are studio monitors easy to set up etc?
You position them, connect input to sound card and power cable to socket.
Won't get easier than that.

If you only listen music instead of watching movies or gaming, then having stereo speakers isn't loosing anything.

Associate
I'm also using an amp and speaker setup on my PC - highly recommend this rather than PC specific speakers.

Wharfedale Diamond 220's with a Yamaha RX-V373 for music and movies. I connect via HDMI from the video card (using DisplayPort for video on a GTX1060). The amp is also great for headphones and drives my AKG 712 Pro's just fine for FPS gaming and music (using a USB soundcard for the modmic).

If you did buy an AV receiver you then have the option of adding more speakers and a sub.

There are plenty of receivers and speakers on that auction site.

Back
Top Bottom