Replay Gain

Soldato
A bit confused with replay gain.

When applying replay gain data to tracks (with foobar for example), do you apply it to each album, or your whole collection as individual tracks?

I tend to listen to my whole collection on shuffle, and I'm constantly adjusting the volume for each song.

Am I right in thinking applying the replay gain per album wont really help me here, and I need to apply it per track for my entire collection?

Or am I confusing myself even more?

Thanks

Soldato
I tend to remove mine as I found it affects some tracks in a negative way :/ I posted about it a while ago though and nobody else seemed to have the same issue :p

Soldato
It's a pretty good idea. I would personally use it "per album" as I usually listen through albums and don't want any jumps in volume between tracks which are mixed together.

File - Preferences. Playback. Source mode I would use album but it sounds like you'd prefer track. You can try both and see which works for you. Processing you probably want apply gain and use the advanced limiter in the DSP menu. According to http://eolindel.free.fr/foobar2000/Replaygain.php anyway.

Then you need to generate the RG info. Select the tracks, right click, replay gain, I would do scan as albums by tags as I think this generates the single track info as well and lets you try both modes.

It's a great idea as it only adds a tag without changing the data itself. I don't use it atm though, partly as scanning 10.5k tracks would take a while :o

Back
Top Bottom