Reporting things to the RSPCA

Soldato
Hi All,

I have a question for you all and I just want to guage what people would do in our situation.

We live in a detached house on the end of our road, next door to our right have been known to leave their 9 year old son (now 10 or 11) at home alone, then his and his little freinds nearlly set fire to our house, but only took out the fence and our shed. (And no I don't want to report them for that..)

Now, we have heard the crys of a dog coming from the house, they bought a Staffie home the other day, and they are NEVER in. (This is from 8am untill 6 or even 7pm) and in this time all you hear is the dog crying, it's even got to the point where I am asleep during the day after a night shift, it keeps me awake.

Now are we within our rights to report them for this? and more to the point will they do anything about it?

Thanks all.

Soldato
When you report things to the RSPCA you can do so annomiously. However if the dog has water, shelter and no signs of abuse then they won't do anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
When you report things to the RSPCA you cna do so annomiously. However if the dog has water, shelter and no signs of abuse then they won't do anything.

Indeed, although if it is constantly barking you could then try the council and complain about the noise/nuisance.

Caporegime
Call the RSPCA and tell them the story. If anything happens to your animals as a result of their kids then either go and tell the parents or phone the police.

Soldato
How can you fix it when you dont have a clue on what my personality is like? i've allready threatend some one who lives on the next road when i seen him throwing stones at my cat (altho the a cat is to stupid to keep away)

Calm down He-Man he was just joking around.

To the OP, definately report it imo.

Associate
If you intend reporting the noise, you will need to keep a detailed log, the council will just ask you to anyway if you haven't by the point of complaint.

My neighbours in the upstairs flat had an untrained spaniel upstairs it used to howl from 8-6 near constantly 7 days a week for 3 years. It didn't get walked once in that time either, not one single time. We even offered to walk it for them! But it did get a fair amount of exercise running around on a laminate floor laid straight over floorboards above us (got cracks all over the ceiling from it). To me that is neglect, it wasn't even trained about being left alone for varying amounts of time and never got proper exercise, but the RSPCA didn't act, even though in their own guidance they say dogs should be given adequate exercise.

Top Bottom