Request feedback on Dell Precision 7730, or similar, advice needed.

Caporegime
A friend is looking for a new mobile workstation.

He needs high CPU performance.
High capacity high performance storage
Durability, his last Laptop was a high end MSI gaming machine he bought for its performance and assumed durability, it lasted 3 years before Its hinges failed, the Keyboad gave up and it fails to boot a lot of the time, he said its lasted twice as long as all the other high cost laptops he's had.

His budget is $2500.

I have been looking for gaming laptops because he likes the durability of them but they don't meet his primary needs, IE high capacity fast storage, of course what you pay for is the GPU, not the storage.

So i'm looking at Mobile Work Stations.

They are all jolly expensive and again most don't seem to include proper high capacity high speed storage.

The only thing i have managed to find was the Dell Precision 7730, the good thing about it is its configurable, i managed to configure it with a 1TB NVMe drive, a 6 core Intel CPU, and OK AMD GPU, and a 1080P screen.... for $2,550.

Its what he wants but my question is does anyone here have one? i'm thinking about the pros and cons of it, interarticular durability, with a huge amount of use will the shell crack, the hinges fail, keyboard..... will it last more than 2 years of heavy use?

The machiene https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/precision-17-7730-laptop/xctop7730hwus2?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjI1MzkuNTIsIklVUHJpY2UiOjI1MzkuNTIsIk9DIjoieGN0b3A3NzMwaHd1czIiLCJRdHkiOjEsIlByU3QiOiIiLCJNb2RzIjpbeyJJZCI6MTQ5LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IkcyTzNBMEoifV19LHsiSWQiOjc0OSwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiJHUzNGVFZMIn1dfSx7IklkIjo3MDUsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiRzZCVENFWiJ9XX0seyJJZCI6OCwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiJHRE1FM0lGIn1dfSx7IklkIjo3NjAsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiR1YwOTc1RyJ9XX1dfQ%3D%3D#features

Or if you have other options for me i'd like to know, thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom