Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Associate
Having never properly played any RE games besides completing RE7 which I thought was a good game it’s nice to see all the little nods to past RE games that it made. They were all lost on me at the time. I think if I’d have been a real RE fan then I’d have appreciated RE 7 even more because of the references in visual design, story and sound design.

This game again shows me that horror is my fav genre of games. I’m always itching to get bk into then and discover the next bit of story. Love being in the dark hearing the blood curdling noises haha.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Damn. Been busy all day, not been able to play. Managed to get to the car park yesterday.

Had a blast. At first it was not as good as I was hoping, but more I played, the more I liked it :)

Whoops. Thought this was the pc thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm on the birkin fight in the lab where he sprouts multiple arms and you're in a small room. I'm playing on normal, have no health and 6 magnum rounds only. Theres pistol ammo in the room and a few nades but I can't avoid getting 1 shotted due to my health and the fact you move slower when low health. Basically a GG moment, gonna have to restart lol.

Soldato
AHH come on. Just bumped into MrX and the game as suddenly turned into Alien Isolation lol.

I was enjoying the slow pace now all I can hear is thoses darn footsteps!!

Soldato
Loving the game, it's just super tense.
Zombies are now bullet sponges even with head-shots, and unless you manage to burst their head wide open, you can never be 100% sure they won't just get back up later when you're walking past. :eek:

I do feel that the introduction of the Mr Big Dude slightly ruins the game a bit. Maybe ruin is too a strong word.
Although having him wandering around is pretty terrifying, all it does is mean that every so often you need to run to the Library and walk around the middle section until he gets bored and wanders off. Not sure what that adds to the game.

Caporegime
OP
Lead him on a goose chase, get enough space between him and then dart away.

Job done. He’s also drawn by noise so shooting zombies will let him know where you are, you can also hide from him.

He is so stressful though lol, hearing those footsteps and wondering if he’s gonna burst through that door....

Soldato
This truly is a masterpiece. Has to be GOTY contender.

My heart strings were getting pulled when I got into the gunshop. Lol

MrX caught me for the first time took one to the face. Not as bad as I first thought as it not instant death like in Alien Isolation.

Unused to be a cheap skate when games came out and only purchased when it 25£ or second hand.

But recently I have started to buy single player games at full price. Showing the developers a little support for not making online service games.

Soldato
On the map does a room turn blue once Ive found and completed anything in that room?

They change from red to blue once explored for me, but I though they are supposed to turn green once an area/room is completed.

Caporegime
You did your first run in less than 5 hours?? Blimey

Were you following a guide or something? Even my third run was about 3 hours and by that point I knew exactly what to do.

Soldato
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I am really rather enjoying this game, and wondered if anyone could recommend some other RE titles for the PS4?

I've played RE4 on the NGC back in the day and I think they've remastered it for PS4, but really only flirted with the other games in the series. Did they remake RE1? I thought they did but can't seem to find it.

Caporegime
OP
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I am really rather enjoying this game, and wondered if anyone could recommend some other RE titles for the PS4?

I've played RE4 on the NGC back in the day and I think they've remastered it for PS4, but really only flirted with the other games in the series. Did they remake RE1? I thought they did but can't seem to find it.

All of them.

They did indeed remake RE1 and it’s available on PSN, along with Resident Evil 0, you can buy them individually or in a pack.

5 and 6 are a lot more action oriented and 6 is either classed as a misunderstood game or rubbish depending on where you read. 5 is an enjoyable romp IMHO.

First steps I wild go with 0/1.

Caporegime

I would highly recommend code Veronica. Is in my top 3 RE games easily. I could quite easily play the whole series back to back however.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You did your first run in less than 5 hours?? Blimey

Were you following a guide or something? Even my third run was about 3 hours and by that point I knew exactly what to do.

I am still on my Leon A playthough and I am about 7 hours in. Not about to rush a game I have been waiting for a long time. Taking it slow and getting every bit of nostalgia fun out of it as I can. I have probably spent half the time just admiring the changes they have made. At the rate I am going it will be 10+ hours until I complete it :D

I would highly recommend code Veronica. Is in my top 3 RE games easily. I could quite easily play the whole series back to back however.

Could not agree more. I hope they do a remake of that after RE3 remake, which I hope they have started working on already. They should just use the same engine and assets etc like back in the old days and bang it out in 18 months! :D

Back
Top Bottom