Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Man of Honour
OMG such nostalgia. Also since when is making it through a door not a safe tactic lol. Near jumped out of my skin when a zombie followed me into a room.

I think it was the RE:1 remake on the GameCube that introduced that, at least that's the time first I remember seeing. That, plus the zombies that come back to life after a few hours and sprint at you properly scared me and I can't play very scary games (RE4 and Revelations 1/2 etc are fine) since then as it makes me super stressed out.

Associate
It is a great game no doubt about it. But for a RE game it was to easy. I remember playing the original RE2 and died so many times over and over and restarting to save ammo and remembering which zombies to run past and which ones to shoot. Every game today is made so anyone can finish it easily after 2 or 3 tries on a boss. Sad times.

Associate
I might be remembering the original wrong but .... didnt the fully upgraded shotgun blow zombies to bits ? Shotgun feels really weak in this one.
Really enjoyed it so far though , can get a little frustrating at times when Mr X turns up in a corridor that already has lickers / multiple zombies etc. :(
I've gone through Leon & Claire A and Claire B , Claire A was my last run through and unlocked the unlimited pistol :) I think i could maybe do the unlimited smg but the others looks mental

Man of Honour
Ok so resident evil 2, the original, is in my top 5 games ever. An amazing game, although nostalgia is clearly a helluva thing.

The new one is just not for me. About 4 hours in and I’m struggling to motivate myself already. Games where you have to run back and forth to the same places a million times to collect things and solve puzzles are just a thing of the past, all the glossy graphics doesn’t fix that for me.

I’m playing on easy mode as I prefer to enjoy games these days and just take the story in and enjoy playing. But even on easy, with zombies never dying and a million lickers about, one in every room, it’s not easy at all. Not enough ammo, not enough healing items and just gets pretty dull killing the same zombie 100 times.

Listening to Leon make sex noises whenever he runs is just so annoying too. For a police officer, he has zero stamina by the sounds of it. Heaven forbid he’s hurt as well, far too much noise.

I wanted to love it, but I think nostalgia was the reason we thought back so highly about this game. Going back to it, even with fancy graphics, is not that fun of an experience for me

Caporegime
OP
Ok so resident evil 2, the original, is in my top 5 games ever. An amazing game, although nostalgia is clearly a helluva thing.

The new one is just not for me. About 4 hours in and I’m struggling to motivate myself already. Games where you have to run back and forth to the same places a million times to collect things and solve puzzles are just a thing of the past, all the glossy graphics doesn’t fix that for me.

I’m playing on easy mode as I prefer to enjoy games these days and just take the story in and enjoy playing. But even on easy, with zombies never dying and a million lickers about, one in every room, it’s not easy at all. Not enough ammo, not enough healing items and just gets pretty dull killing the same zombie 100 times.

Listening to Leon make sex noises whenever he runs is just so annoying too. For a police officer, he has zero stamina by the sounds of it. Heaven forbid he’s hurt as well, far too much noise.

I wanted to love it, but I think nostalgia was the reason we thought back so highly about this game. Going back to it, even with fancy graphics, is not that fun of an experience for me

YIKES

There's a lot to unpack in this post.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Haha. I thought the exact same thing about Leon's panting, way over done.

I have to disagree with everything else you said though. I still go back and enjoy the old games perfectly the same. Though I did avoid playing RE2 the past 3 or so years. But did play RE3 about 1-2 years ago and Code Veronica about a year ago and really enjoyed them.

I am playing on standard mode and it seems to me it is perfect balance. You don't have to kill every zombie, but I have had ample ammunition to do so and have done. I only run out of ammo once and had to run. The only thing I can imagine you are doing wrong is missing some shots due to accuracy or wasting ammo on boss fights. Some of them you don't even need ammo to win the battle with a boss. Additionally, I have yet to take a single shot at Mr X and I am close to the end of the game.

Overall really enjoying it and it is easily a 9 out of 10 from me.

Man of Honour
See, I've not got much reference to the original but playing through the remake has been fantastic.

But to each his own! :)

I think it’s just because I have such good memories of the original RE2, that when I played this, nostalgia may have distorted my expectations a bit.

10 years ago I’d have loved this game, but now, my gaming time is limited so is purely about enjoying a story as opposed to solving puzzles and having to use my brain. I just want to switch off.

So I think I kind of bought the wrong game, as it was always going to be a challenging, thought provoking game. So that’s my fault as opposed to being a bad game, but it just means I can’t enjoy it as much as I should

Caporegime

It's too hard on easy mode!? I completed it on easy without using the storage box or any healing items!

Soldato
Enjoyed starting this last night. Not finding it scary at all though, I was expecting it to lean heavily on that stuff this time based on reviews etc.

Either way still seems great so far regardless of that

Man of Honour
It was an achievement run. If you don't get damaged for a minute or so, then your health automatically restores from red to yellow.

See I’m always on orange as I’m rubbish :p I heal to green then get attacked by lickers that seem to be in every room. I walk past them at stupidly slow speeds but they always seem to attack me, two hits you on caution.

Doesn’t help that I use auto aim on assisted, but it doesn’t work a lot of the time with lickers or dogs. Tempted to turn it off as most of the time I’m aiming myself anyway, relying on auto aim just sees me miss

Man of Honour
From memory there are only 7-8 lickers in the whole game.

Certainly not one in every room.

So I’ve just seen a certain someone after going in the sewers, and now back in the police station. In every other corridor I’m going in, there’s a licker. No exaggeration. Either that or the same one is moving when I move between rooms

Back
Top Bottom