1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by antijoke, Jun 12, 2018.

1. TNA

Capodecina

You sure you are not playing on hard mode? There really are not that many lickers in the game. 3-4 shots with the shotgun deals with a licker on standard mode.

Also if struggling you can use the environment to your advantage in this game. For example lickers cannot go from one room to another. Just go in and out of a door, never get hit, take time and place shots :)

2. Steedie

Man of Honour

Lickers can follow you in to a room if the door doesn’t close in time! Found that out the hard way.

It’s definitely assist, says on my save. I’ve easily killed about 4 of them now, including the first couple you see and there’s one right outside where I’ve last saved it :(

3. VincentHanna

Capodecina

They are easier to deal with on Claire's run as one shot from a grenade launcher will usually kill them, or if it doesn't then a few rounds as they writhe about on fire will do it.

4. Moonpie2

Mobster

Shoot his hat off. Get an achievement :D

5. TNA

Capodecina

Did not know, I did it mid game once and killed two, only got hit once and that was because of running in and getting surprised seeing them both there :p

Will do that on my next playthrough, thanks ;)

6. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

I am loving this game.. I started with Leon and finished it and I am half way through with Claire on the second run at the container bit. Its a really good mix of the original, RE3 and RE4 with some great, gory graphics. There are a couple of finiky bits that are annoying but on the whole its very good. I would say a little short but that's because I have been hammering it. Hopefully they can use the engine to do RE3 as a DLC for cheap as that was pretty short iirc. Playing on standard mode and managed to finish Leons campaign without turning to assisted mode.

7. DrToffnar

Mobster

Tis really nice to just playthrough a linear experience for a change, especially one of this calibre. I'm so consistently bored by open world games these days. I just don't have the time nor the inclination to set 100+ hours of my life aside to be told a story. Give me a clean, polished set of mechanics and a relatively competent story that wraps up in 20 or so hours any day.

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Yeah, Nemesis should be a half-price game, not full price.

There isn't really the story there to justify it.

Jill needs to escape the city after the outbreak, Nemesis type Tyrant is released to wipe out S.T.A.R.S. Jill gets infected, Carlos cures her - They escape just as the city gets nuked.

9. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

My thoughts as well Im on standard difficulty and the only time I have needed to heal 2-3 times at most so far is from a Licker and a boss fight.

Question about Lickers,
    can they be killed, I have not tried sticking around to try and kill one yet

10. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Yes.

Approx 4 shotgun blasts from Leon, or 1-2 Flame rounds from Claire.

11. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Thanks, only been using the pistol, keep forgetting I have the shotgun.

12. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Same here, bored of RDR2, but I do intend to finish it at some point, and bored of AC Odyssey, this game makes a welcome change. As you say the gameplay mechanics are spot on, easy controls and smooth gameplay.

Not sure how far I am but a solid 9/10.

13. Bigpig

Mobster

OoOOo. I see there is DLC coming. The ghost survivor's

14. Steedie

Man of Honour

Completed Leon’s story. Have to say, despite what I said earlier, once you get out the police station, it’s 100x better. I really enjoyed it in the end

that cut scene in the gun shop with the little girl really messed me up. I hate stuff like that, very powerful scene.

“Mummy’s asleep, and I’m going to put you to bed now too”

That line got me right in the feels :(

15. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Ha, well at least you came round in the end :)

Personally, I thought the police station was probably the best section.

16. Moonpie2

Mobster

I agree. It feels really good learning the layout of the police station and knowing the different and best routes to get from point to point with the least hassle.
    Once you leave, it just feels a bit messy in terms of level design. Still great fun sure, but just not as good.

17. McBain

Capodecina

Only finished Leon A so far, 5.5 hours and already started another play through to go for an S rank :)

Loved it, looking forward to playing the other scenarios.

18. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I completed a Leon Scenario A, S Rank run earlier - 2 hours and 34 minutes, and that was me making sure I had all the weapons upgrades and inventory slots which you don't really need...though I saved my Magnum rounds for the Mr.X Tyrant at the end (on the lift) and it took every bullet I had (approx 21), plus some flamethrower to kill him. That was hitting his little chest bump as well, which was always the weak spot in RE2.

That should make my Hardcore run easier anyway as now I have the infinite ammo pistol.

Seen some guy has done it in an hour!

19. Andelusion

Capodecina

Finished Claire's story, 9 hours and 20 saves, C grade, I died loads of times on the crane boss battle, that was really annoying :p I'm pleased it took me this long as I wanted to explore everywhere and only missed a couple of areas of the map I think. Haven't missed RDR2 since I got this on Sunday. Like others have said it's refreshing playing a simple SP game.

My god does the voice acting get cringeworthy towards the end, I was glad it was over, great game though, I much preferred the police station part, that's classic Resident Evil for me. Looking forward to Leon's story now.

20. wingman

Mobster

So I've completed Leon's run (8 hours 20 minutes, never played through the game before, pretty chuffed with that).

Went to do Claire's story and I've been offered a 2nd run option, what is this? How does it differ to just do Claire's story.