1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by antijoke, Jun 12, 2018.

1. adam cool dude

Soldato

After you complete both scenarios you get extra scenarios to play. Hunk and Tofu were the ones in the original.

2. wingman

Mobster

I've started the 2nd run as Claire, should have I just done Claire's normal story first? Sorry, complete noob with RE.

3. adam cool dude

Soldato

No idea as I haven't had time to play the remake yet but always do as it says in RE games. You will get a much longer ending too if it is like the original on your second play through.

4. BenjiSayers

Mobster

Pretty much as above.

The second run with Claire is in a way a continuation/development of Leon's story. You'd run through and should see the results on Leon's playthrough in this and get the 'true' ending. You can then do it vice versa Claire's normal run through and then Leon 2nd run for the 'true' ending.

5. wingman

Mobster

Cool, thank you! Sounds like there's a lot more I can get out of this game then.

6. BenjiSayers

Mobster

Then there is the Hunk and Tofu playthroughs too.

I think Hunk is unlocked by getting the 'true' ending but I'm not sure if you have to do both ways Leon main + Claire 2 & Claire main + Leon 2 or if it's just one of them. Tofu is unlocked by doing Hunk's story.

So plenty to keep you going

7. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Leon A/Claire B makes the most sense BUT none of them really make sense.

They should have had completely different boss fights. I know the very last one is different
    Leon fights the Tyrant, Claire fights William Birkin's 4th mutation
    but they both fight Birkin in the Machinery room under the police station, and using the Crane in the sewers.

In some ways the original Resident Evil 2 did it better, as there were weapons you might take in the first game that wouldn't be available to the second character - And later in the lab there was a door that needed the player in Scenario A to use a key on and the other character in Scenario B to use a key on, and it would only open to the second player.

8. McBain

Capodecina

I did wonder if there was going to be any of that in this, I figured it'd be the storage room (with the keypad lockers).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  9. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Finished Leons first playthrough tonight, and following from the above and some other conversations I've had, I started Claire B.
    Not sure why but being back In the same areas solving similar puzzles that I would have already solved as Leon at this point in time just feels a bit janky and don't know if I can be bothered :D but I do want to see the end result. It's a weird one

10. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Claire's interactions with Sherry do make it a bit different and help to flesh out the story with Annette/William Birkin.

But there is also a fair bit of repetition of stuff that doesn't make sense if Leon has already done it.

11. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Ok cool, I'll push through it! I've just met the young girl

Not sure if I'll then do Claire A +Leon B, may have had my fill by then

12. jacksgotbones

Gangster

Doing Leon A at present. Really enjoying the gameplay and taking my sweet time with it all.

13. Andelusion

Capodecina

Ada is hot :D

14. McBain

Capodecina

Ada absolutely is hot, dat ass etc.

Ive been trying to get S+ on Leon standard, got it at 2:05 earlier, next try will be Hardcore.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  15. McBain

Capodecina

Just finished hardcore S+, now that wasn't easy, 2:07 Leon A.

Couple of bits were a PITA and the reduced allowed saves means having to redo certain parts which isn't much fun, all worth it in the end though the infinite machine gun and infinite rocket launcher are both :cool:

16. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Yeah.. she'd "get it"... :D

Claire seems really wooden, her facial expression/ animation just seems off in a way, like really blank. Not sure what I mean :D

17. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Just finished a run through on Leon. Really enjoyed it. Wasn’t too challenging (on normal) and actually I really didn’t understand what the online fuss was with Mr. X - I just ran round him all and never felt like he was following me at all times. Do people play through these games without referring to the map? :p

Overall a great mix between the new and old styles of RE gameplay. RE4 is still by far away the best though.

I love the settings of these games but I don’t actually like being scared to death. RE7 is virtually unplayable to me. This one got the fear just right IMO.

18. TNA

Capodecina

Yeah, Ada is hot. As for Clair, I noticed that also, she has what I call the Botox effect.

19. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Ada was far too goofy to be hot - but yeah, know what you mean about Claire’s face... a little botox-y!

20. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Resident Evil: Backtrack Edition.

It’s relatively terrible compared to most of the others - awful plot :o mostly linear too and sooo much backtracking.