1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by antijoke, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Vapo Reaper

Gangster

The first three are just classics, I think I lost touch with the series after the original PlayStation releases. Brings back some good memories.

I've heard that 4 and 5 were good also.

2. Plainsong

Soldato

4 is amazing. I never really played 5. I hated 6 it just felt all wrong. 7 is a return to form although completely different to everything that has gone before.

3. Vapo Reaper

Gangster

I heard that the fourth instalment was one of the best. I'm pretty sure the original was released on the game cube, which I did not have at the time.

I've just realised that it is available on steam, so guess I'll give it a go shortly.

4. McBain

Capodecina

The RE1 remake was released on the GameCube and so was Resident Evil Zero. 4 came out on the GameCube first IIRC.

GameCube was a cracking console!

5. Plainsong

Soldato

I've been playing the RE 1 HD game all day. The movement and camera changes are a bit ropey and the ******* inventory management is hellish but it's still great. I got the first mask but Richard died because I was too slow ( I didn't realize that was a thing with the serum hey ho). I'm going to play 0 as well which I've never played before.

6. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I didn't like zero when it first came out.

Couldn't even tell you why to be honest but I never completed it. I recently watched a YouTube "All cutscenes and story" playthrough and didn't feel I missed much at all to be honest.

7. Rusko187

Hitman

RE4 did indeed come out on Gamecube as a timed exclusive, I remember when it came to PS2.. I had it with the metal case but they did a pack where it came with some trippy chainsaw controller!!

4 is a classic
    5 is only ok, it's a decent play through but not their finest hour
    6 is diabolical and I never even entertained finishing it
    7 is great but for me it doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game, too far detached from the series.

8. McBain

Capodecina

I imported RE4 GameCube version from Japan as I was so pumped about it, you had to buy a special disc to load first to get over the region lock :p

Think it came out a good 6 months early over there, I wasn't going to wait that long.

9. antijoke

Caporegime

New story trailer just dropped.....

:eek:

10. Mark1989

Capodecina

Awesome trailer :)

11. ivrytwr3

Mobster

12. jacksgotbones

Gangster

You also get the assault shotgun from Richard I believe if you had of gotten the serum to him

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  13. jacksgotbones

Gangster

RE1 remake, 2, 3 and 4 are great! 5 is boring! 6 is TERRIBLE! Made no fudging sense! 7 is good but I agree doesn't feel like a RE game.... LOVE LOVE the new RE2 remake trailer! Far too excited. Leon is so hot and I'm loving a more anxious Leon compared to RE4

14. antijoke

Caporegime

:eek:

15. jacksgotbones

Gangster

What? He is? His new look is based on a good looking model. Leon has always been nice to look at .. well except original RE2 with his bright orange hair :p and somewhat blocky appearance :D

16. McBain

Capodecina

Leon is hot no doubt, but he's no Kendo.

17. VincentHanna

Capodecina

DF Retro released a good video on the weekend about the original Resident Evil 2 and all the versions available

Because of this, I came to be aware of a japanese only PC release of the game in 2006 called 'Biohazard 2 SourceNext', and the 'REbirth' project which is the best way to play the game. It supports modern controllers, you can change the resolution, the FMV is quite decent, scene transitions are instant, door 'loading' screens can be skipped etc etc

http://appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/

So I played through Leons campaign yesterday, having not played it for about 20 years! It actually still stands up pretty good.

18. antijoke

Caporegime

Where do you get the 2006 PC release? I watched that video and wanted to try it out

19. Rusko187

Hitman

Daft question, is it possible to get a download (legally) of the original Resident Evil 2 for PC? Really wanting to go back and play it.

20. antijoke

Caporegime

Looks like you can buy it off eBay, but the Jap version looks very hard to source.