Resident Evil 7&8 VR mods with hand tracking

Soldato
Wow, just got RE7 working, and apart from some jankiness with forced camera moves and camera positions in realtime cutscenes it's incredible.
The detail level is insane and the horror levels beyond intense.
Looks absolutely amazing and horrifying at the same time.

Associate
Would you say it’s tricky to set RE7 up for VR Ravenger?
I managed to get RE3 VR working once but trying a few times since it’s a black screen or Technicolor trippy visuals. Grabbed latest build from GitHub. Maybe it’s a reverb g2 issue. Other than golf once a week on Quest I really do need something else

Soldato
Would you say it’s tricky to set RE7 up for VR Ravenger?
I managed to get RE3 VR working once but trying a few times since it’s a black screen or Technicolor trippy visuals. Grabbed latest build from GitHub. Maybe it’s a reverb g2 issue. Other than golf once a week on Quest I really do need something else

It worked fine for me on both Index and Quest 2, and was very quick and easy to install.

Quest 2 gets great performance using OpenXR.

It may be the WMR system that's causing you issues.

Associate
Good to hear it worked with Index controllers. I struggled in RE2 with knuckles, it felt janky. Can't help thinking maybe i should give a bit of time to trying these RE games in 2D before the vr version so i can get used to the mechanics of the game.

Soldato
The main thing about playing the OpenVR (Steam VR) version over the OpenXR version is the controller remapping is much better so you can remove thumstick clicks for running which tends to wear out the sticks quicker.

Soldato
Just had half an hour on Village using Rift S, and it's extremely good (and spooky as hell).
The level of detail is a lot better than I was expecting, so will have a few hours on it tomorrow.

Associate
Anyone managed to get a controller to work with RE7 VR? Both Quest 2 USB connected or Reverb G2 seems to display ok and hand tracking fine. Have also tried Xbox controller. Can only get keyboard to work

Back
Top Bottom