Resident evil remakes HD this year?

Soldato
I've never much liked the controls of Resident Evil games (I've been an avid gamer since the mid 80s so certainly don't fall into the category of spoiled gamer). I know that the controls are intentional clunky (something I think was originally a limitation of the hardware, rather than by design) but let's be honest, it does control like a dog. Dead Space seems to play well with fluid controls doesn't it? EA didn't have to make Isaac control like a tank in order to do this did they? Anyway, horses for courses I guess. If I get tempted to play RE I'll just drag the Dreamcast out, I'm fairly sure I have a copy of CV somewhere.

Soldato
I've just seen the CV trailer and it looks nothing more than an upscaling. This is just plain lazy, I can make Crash Bandicoot 1 looks just as good, if not better, than CV "HD". I don't know how they can go from a great remake like Resident Evil 1 on the Gamecube to a shabby lazy remake such as this :mad:.

Soldato
RE 2 and RE3 were on the Dreamcast as well, though I never played them on that system. I'm guessing they are probably like the PC versions, so at least they are better than the PSOne.

I feel that CV HD just doesn't look very good, which is funny because I remember being blown away by the graphics originally all those years ago. It just hasn't aged well and I think to myself, did CV really look that bad?

I do agree that Capcom have done a **** poor job with this though, and looks like they are in it to make a quick buck. More interested to see how well RE4 HD will hold up. Probably see all the modded PC players crying and saying they did a better job! :D

Caporegime
Either they are poor quality or people are expecting too much. I read the exact same comments in the Splinter Cell HD thread, people are clearly expecting the games to be remade from the ground up and that isn't what these are meant to be.

Associate
Why Code Veronica? Resident Evil 1 and 2 remakes would be highlight of Resident Evil.

It's the 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil and they choose the less popular games of the franchise to remaster which in my opinion they certainly were not the best. Okay it wasn't bad Code X but again I say the first two were the best. Resident Evil 4 was good but the new perspective system which Gears of War seems to have plagued game devs with is poor and takes away the element of Resident Evil and the reason I bought that game was because Leon and Ada was in it.

I hate the over the shoulder viewpoint. I much prefer the pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles of the proper Resident Evil games. :(

+1

It's like Square Enix having an anniversary and to celebrate they go and remaster Final Fantasy X-2 (worst sequel to any game and they should be ashamed) and charge you double.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why Code Veronica? Resident Evil 1 and 2 remakes would be highlight of Resident Evil.

It's the 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil and they choose the less popular games of the franchise to remaster which in my opinion they certainly were not the best. Okay it wasn't bad Code X but again I say the first two were the best. Resident Evil 4 was good but the new perspective system which Gears of War seems to have plagued game devs with is poor and takes away the element of Resident Evil and the reason I bought that game was because Leon and Ada was in it.

+1

It's like Square Enix having an anniversary and to celebrate they go and remaster Final Fantasy X-2 (worst sequel to any game and they should be ashamed) and charge you double.

1 has already been made a Code Veronica is many peoples favourites. It's nothing like Square remastering X-2.

Soldato
Code Veronica may be an odd choice yes, but look at it this way, it is the only one and was the last that plays in the original perspective the series was known for, and it has full 3D polygonal graphics.

It would have been great if Capcom remade RE2 and RE3 like the RE1 Remake (And the exclusive RE0 to an extent), but looks like they don't want to poor in the resources to do it. Seriously, they missed a big opportunity but that was so long ago.

Caporegime
I think it was more along the lines of Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4 were only released last gen, it probably requires much less work to give them a little touch up in comparison to the full overhaul that the first few games would need.

Soldato
Yeah with 3D graphics, you can use some simple upscaling techniques.

With the first 3 games, the pre-rendered backgrounds would probably take up the most work to redo since resolution wise, they weren't exactly great. Takes a lot more than upscale filters.

Caporegime
Yeah with 3D graphics, you can use some simple upscaling techniques.

With the first 3 games, the pre-rendered backgrounds would probably take up the most work to redo since resolution wise, they weren't exactly great. Takes a lot more than upscale filters.

Yeah and I imagine it would take a lot more resources and effort as you said. A simple upscale and a clean up of a few textures is fine in my opinion, but only if the price is right and I'm afraid £15 isn't a good price for these, I'll still buy CV though because I go with my heart and not my head. :p

Permabanned
OP
Just like a Resident Evil game? :p

Well you get a scary-arse rocket launcher wielding monster chasing you every now and then depending on what you do in the game.

i mean Ive played

re1- too young to remember
re2- enjoyed a lot but still cant remember
re3- not played
re cv- not played
re4- played was ok but not like old re's
re5- ok but again not like old

I think I should replay 1,2,3,cv

how long would that take? 10hrs per game?

Soldato
Depends on how good you are.

And also if you care about the story and the characters, then by all means play them to get an idea of the chronology of events to what they are now i.e. like Wesker to being the sinister mastermind of older games to becoming the overpowered Matrix rip-off he is currently.

Permabanned
OP
Depends on how good you are.

And also if you care about the story and the characters, then by all means play them to get an idea of the chronology of events to what they are now i.e. like Wesker to being the sinister mastermind of older games to becoming the overpowered Matrix rip-off he is currently.

i found re4 real easy.

but I recall spending weeks on re1 and re2 and never compelting.. they mustve been harder

Soldato
It's harder due to their perspective and the limited amount of items and stuff you can get.

RE4 and RE5 are much easier since they are more action shooter oriented. It's so easy to move around and aim at the enemies. Item drops are too lenient.

Back
Top Bottom