Resident evil remakes HD this year?

Permabanned
I hear they are releasing RE:cv and RE4 in HD

I wodner if I should wiat for HD or buy RE:CV for my dreamcast as I just bought a dreamcast and never played recv

Caporegime
I hope the trophy list for these is good. Also I hope that they'll be available separately as I'm not sure I'm quite ready to play through RE4 at the moment, I finished it on PS2 not so long ago.

Associate
Yup they're out September 28th I think, download only and around £15 each. Will be purchasing both, never finished either and will enjoy playing them :]

Caporegime
Yup, a few moans which I agree with but will still buy. Check out this link http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/r...nt_evil_4_hd_priced_for_ps3_and_xbox_360.html

EDIT sorry it may be £15 for both, the articles not too clear.

The body of the article makes it sound like it's £15 for both, but the title makes it sound like they're £15 each. I probably won't be getting Resident Evil 4 as personally I found it the weakest game in the series not counting the spin offs.

EDIT: Trophies & Achievement list for Code Veronica
  • The Terror Begins - Escape from the graveyard of terror. (50G)
  • A Changed Father - Liberate the changed man. (50G)
  • Beyond the Shades - Encounter a former S.T.A.R.S. captain. (50G)
  • The Fallen Tyrant - Flatten an unstoppable enemy. (100G)
  • The Prisoner Who Lost Everything - Defeat the nameless man and end his suffering. (100G)
  • To The Frozen Land - Begin the search for your sister. (50G)
  • The Arrogant Queen - Put an end to the Queen's reign. (150G)
  • Duty and Humanity - Deliver some medicine to a man in need. (50G)
  • Weapon Crazy - Get the Rocket Launcher. (150G)
  • Battle Master - Get the Linear Launcher from Battle Game. (150G)
  • From The Young Lady - Receive encouragement from a young lady. (50G)
  • The Green Giant - Say farewell to your fallen comrade. (50G)

No platinum trophy for PS3 though. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Are the controls being re-done for this release as well as the graphics? And call me cynical but I suspect these will be £15.99 each :(

Soldato
On 360 RE4 HD comes out 20th Sept then 1 week later on 27th Sept is RE Code X HD both games have 12 achvs worth 1000GS each so 2000GS if you buy both. This is because Capcom are selling in EU/US on Games On Demand only (Japan gets both games on a single DVD).

Cost is something like £15.99 or 1600 MS Points each so 3200 MSP/£32 for both!!! Capcom reckon it cost them 7 figures to redo for HD which is why the price is so much!!

Soldato
Why do people always complain about the controls in resi games, they're fine.

Same here. It's an intentional mechanic for a reason and I feel that most of those who complain are too spoilt by newer or simpler controlled games.

Resident Evil 4 and 5 controls are just an evolution of the older games that shifted into the over-the-shoulder 3rd-person view it innovated.

Soldato
I don't hate them since I still enjoy them, but I would have liked to see more in the vein of Code Veronica or Capcom's other survival horror game, Demento/Haunting Ground. Full 3D polygonal graphics but with fixed and some slightly dynamic camera angles + a little bit of interactivity.

Back
Top Bottom