Resident Evil series = consistently good

Associate
hello

just a praise thread here. Im sure everyone has at least played one of the many games released in this series. I FINALLY completed the 4th one on the lamecube today, and i have to say, that entire game is amazing.

ive always been a huge fan, ever since the first steps in that scary mansion. the games series covers almost all locations, from houses, city streets, country side, futuristic labs and so on, and each time parts of the game got me jumping.

each game is extremely difficult, and LASTS which is one thing you rarely see in games released now. i remember it took me months to actually get to the end of RE3 (one of the best imo), and each one offers unique puzzles, or straight up run n gun, with boss battles that border on sonic the hedgehog crazyness.

i remember when my friend showed me the first person resident evil games on his chipped psx, and those scared the hell out of me as well. and the wierd chinese versions of the game, which were still pretty amazing.

every game has excellent characters, great stories and a plot that i think is just as good as games such as half life and the likes. the graphics have always been top notch as well (for their time) which really made the games terrifying to play at times.

even the random editions to the series, like resident evil veronica, or zero, were still very good games when you sit down and play them.

i cannot wait to play the 5th as i know capcom are going in the same direction as RE4 did, and from what ive seen ingame it looks stunning, but still has excellent gameplay.

Soldato
I did not read anything but i think re series died after code veronica as resident evil 4 and 5 are just epic failure. killing Spanish or black people massive failure

Soldato
Resident Evil 4 was far from a failure! Ok it cast away the zombie genre which was a shame but in terms of game design it remains one of the best games ever in my eyes. I'm dubious of Resi 5, time will be told on that title.

The fact remains that Resi 2 was the best in the series by a country mile.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
res evil 1 was amazing! think i was about 15, still at school but it really gave me the creeps.
The setting was spot on, i never got a chance to play much of number 2 which is a shame.
I just hope with the new ones they go back to their roots of the city/ big scary house idea.

Soldato
hello

just a praise thread here. Im sure everyone has at least played one of the many games released in this series. I FINALLY completed the 4th one on the lamecube today, and i have to say, that entire game is amazing.

ive always been a huge fan, ever since the first steps in that scary mansion. the games series covers almost all locations, from houses, city streets, country side, futuristic labs and so on, and each time parts of the game got me jumping.

each game is extremely difficult, and LASTS which is one thing you rarely see in games released now. i remember it took me months to actually get to the end of RE3 (one of the best imo), and each one offers unique puzzles, or straight up run n gun, with boss battles that border on sonic the hedgehog crazyness.

i remember when my friend showed me the first person resident evil games on his chipped psx, and those scared the hell out of me as well. and the wierd chinese versions of the game, which were still pretty amazing.

every game has excellent characters, great stories and a plot that i think is just as good as games such as half life and the likes. the graphics have always been top notch as well (for their time) which really made the games terrifying to play at times.

even the random editions to the series, like resident evil veronica, or zero, were still very good games when you sit down and play them.

i cannot wait to play the 5th as i know capcom are going in the same direction as RE4 did, and from what ive seen ingame it looks stunning, but still has excellent gameplay.
Get the 4th one for the PC as its cheap and with the mods available looks almost as good as RE5!!!

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=12820012&postcount=46

Soldato
I agree with the OP, it has been a consistently good series, actually thats being modest its been a GREAT series.

I stil remember playing RE1 the first time thinking what are these aweful controls but I stuck at it, and eventually got the hang of it. Since then I have had every RE game and completed them all, and infact gone through them afew times over to max out all the weapons :D

If you have just finished RE4 (which imo is the best out of them) try the mercenaries game. That actually took me longer to complete then the actual game. It is tough!

Surely RE is one of the best games series ever!

Soldato
The Resident Evil series is one of my favourite games series but like some people's views on it, the "Survival Horror" aspect is now dead ever since RE4. The series has turned into "Action-Horror" instead. Not that its a bad thing as I really enjoyed RE4 and looking forward to RE5, but the series has lost its charm and what made it so original. Oh well theres always the Fatal Frame/Project Zero series if I want to absolutely crap myself in the old fashioned gameplay, though this series is only avaliable on PS2/Wii.

Associate
Hmmm - I played RE 1 & 2 plenty on my PS1 back in the day. Haven't touched the others at all... although I do have a copy of RE4 for the Wii that I got cheap a while back. Maybe I should have a play over cribbo.

Soldato
At the time, the original Resident Evil was a groundbreaker...one of those games that would make people buy the system (PSX) just for that game. I absolutely loved it.

Resident Evil 2 is probably one of the greatest sequels of all time. Even the intro FMV at the time was astounding - the motion capture on the character models was immensely impressive.

Resident Evil 3 I regretfully have never completed - really should get back to it.

Referring to the Gamecube as "Lamecube" is ultimate FAIL, but that's a whole other discussion. Resident Evil 4 was a fantastic gaming experience - storytelling and all. I'm frothing at the mouth waiting for part 5.

Soldato
Is this including spinoffs? As Resi has had its fair share of god awful games if it does, the guncon game comes screaming to mind. What a waste of cash that was.

Soldato
I don't know if Code Veronica is considered one of the main storyline Resident Evils, but I found that to be one of the best ones in the series. I got it the day it came out on Dreamcast, and was blown away by the jump to 3d backgrounds. It helped that the graphics were really really good for the time too.

Soldato
res evil one was great back in the days (ps 1 era), i remember being hooked into it then, back in 1995ísh i think lol

resi1psx_003-large.jpg

the mansion brings back memories lol

I got pretty much use to it because i use to play alone in the dark on the pc before then (that was also good then in its time) which started it all i reckon

didnt really get into 4 tbh, the gamecube graphics kinda put me off, but i got it on the wii, might give it a go later.

res evil 5 demo looks good but they dont look like zombies anymore lol

i dont think i can get that same feeling resident evil 1 gave when it came out

i remember the dreamcast version was also great, had a lot of variety in that one if i remember correctly.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Resident Evil 4 was far from a failure! Ok it cast away the zombie genre which was a shame but in terms of game design it remains one of the best games ever in my eyes. I'm dubious of Resi 5, time will be told on that title.

The fact remains that Resi 2 was the best in the series by a country mile.

for me Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica are amongst my favourite games of all time as for Resi 4 i don't think its a bad game i just could never get into it

my friends rave about it all the time i feel like ive missed out on something special :(

Back
Top Bottom