Resident Evil - Welcome to Raccoon City

Soldato
I've got a soft spot for the first Resident Evil, saw it on a whim when it came out and really enjoyed it. I lose track of the sequels, all a bit of a mish mash in my mind, I kind of enjoyed the one with all the different scenarios under the ice I think, or I might be misrembering another series.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So watched it it finally. Even going in with low expectations it was crap unfortunately :(

The casting for the most part is wrong. They changed too much also. I mean you are either going to get it right or not.

The pacing was well off. The way they did it you could not give a damn about any of the people or what happened to them.

I honestly think I could have done a better job and that is not something I ever say. I mean who bloody did the casting?? What the **** did they do to with Leon? Not only is the casting wrong (that fella is a Carlos, not Leon) but they ****** up the script making him a joke. Was not funny but cringe worthy.

Was not just Leon though, apart from one or two the whole casting made no sense. Thought the other resident evil movies were poor, but this is much worse.

Soldato
I was thinking the same, I assumed he meant weeks.

Forgot the name of the Netflix one. I turned it off after 10 minutes as it looked crap :(

They just can't seem to capture Resident Evil on film for me.

Resident Evil Infinite Darkness was the Netflix one, surely that was worse than this one!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Resident Evil Infinite Darkness was the Netflix one, surely that was worse than this one!
I don’t know man, this was rather bad. I mean if you have zero expectations and consider it is made with a much smaller budget than it actually was by students then it is not so bad. But made with the budget and people with experience in the industry it is a shambles. That aside, they just get so much wrong. Casting and CGI is so distracting and that’s only half the problem.

I just hate it when they come out with nonsense like we wanted to be different and mix things up. Yeah that fine when it is done correctly, but doing it for the sake of doing it like these guys did…

Caporegime
I clicked play watched one minute then thought, meh it's probably a waste of time like most the other resident evil movies.....

why even make these movies any more the brand has no reputation left surely?

Soldato
Casting wise I didn't have sn issue with Claire or Chris, leon was dire casting choice infact how they portrayed leon was cack.

I got around to watching it today, trying to mix game 1 and 2 into 1 movie just didn't work, pacing was off, it was like a montage of game scenes via live action thrown together.

The director has planned for a sequel as apparently he wants to do part of code Veronica and re4.

As it stands the first Anderson film is better than this

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The director has planned for a sequel as apparently he wants to do part of code Veronica and re4.

As it stands the first Anderson film is better than this
He should not be allowed to make another RE movie, hell maybe even any movie.

The first RE movie was much better and it makes me sad to say that as it was so different to the games.

Soldato
Pretty cool movie! The budget and effects just reminded me of the original ps1 game in a good way.

Leon - was a rookie in his first outing, but was more comedy relief here and yes, totally miscast.

Itchy tasty - cool.

Obligatory Infected truck driver crash.

Helicopter STARS sweep towards Spencer mansion and then into the mansion itself - cool!

Opening shot of rpd - cool

First zombie in mansion - cool!

Moonlight sonata!

Zippo

Lickers!

Card suit keys

Movie projector hints ie Ashford twins

Secret elevators, train, Sherri, Birkin monster (costume was laughable)

And how do you kill a res evil end of game bad guy? Rocket launcher!

Chris, Claire, Jill, Wesker and Ada - awesome. Chief Irons was good too.

Q - We saw Vickers get chomped, so no Brad? Or Jill sandwich? :(

I enjoyed it for what it was, a reminder back to the original series I played in my childhood.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Pretty cool movie! The budget and effects just reminded me of the original ps1 game in a good way.

Leon - was a rookie in his first outing, but was more comedy relief here and yes, totally miscast.

Itchy tasty - cool.

Obligatory Infected truck driver crash.

Helicopter STARS sweep towards Spencer mansion and then into the mansion itself - cool!

Opening shot of rpd - cool

First zombie in mansion - cool!

Moonlight sonata!

Zippo

Lickers!

Card suit keys

Movie projector hints ie Ashford twins

Secret elevators, train, Sherri, Birkin monster (costume was laughable)

And how do you kill a res evil end of game bad guy? Rocket launcher!

Chris, Claire, Jill, Wesker and Ada - awesome. Chief Irons was good too.

Q - We saw Vickers get chomped, so no Brad? Or Jill sandwich? :(

I enjoyed it for what it was, a reminder back to the original series I played in my childhood.
I agree with all the cool things, I would do all those also, just execute it much much better.

Soldato
I agree with all the cool things, I would do all those also, just execute it much much better.

yeah same here. Thought it was pretty terrible to be honest. A few things.

Where was Barry Burton?
I don’t ever remember a chopper crashing into the mansion but it did crash into the police station.
The Spencer mansion was so far away from the “city” that they needed a helicopter to get there but they had a secret passage from the orphanage that got them there pretty much instantly.
The”city” was pretty much a small town and was referenced as such. Even the shot of the explosion showed it was nowhere like the Raccoon City in the games.
Leon was terrible. Yeah he was a rookie but not inept.

Back
Top Bottom