1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resume applications after shut down?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by rip-the-jacker, Apr 23, 2019.

1. rip-the-jacker

Wise Guy

hey guys,

wondering if there is a way to setup when I shut down the computer, you can restart with all the apps and tabs you left open resuming without loading everything again?..

2. Armageus

Don

Hibernate instead of shutdown

3. rip-the-jacker

Wise Guy

I use my power button on my NZXT case to shut down. Can I just go into advance settings and change "shut down " to "hibernate" on the power button?

4. MrRockliffe

Mobster

You should be able to control what the power button does :) Will likely be in control centre, where you select the performance plan, and then edit the plan.

5. Semple

Soldato

Yep in power settings, there's an option called something like "choose what power button does".

One thing to bear in mind is that hibernation creates a file on your root drive, i think the size of this file normally is equivalent to the amount of memory you have installed. So this does add additional read/write counts onto your SSD (assuming you're using one).

For web browsers (at least with Chrome and Firefox) you can change it to reload all previous opened tabs, and possibly create a scheduled task to launch the web browser upon you logging in.

Scheduled tasks could be applied to most applications. Although most people tend to go the other way and have as little as possible running on start-up and open what you need after each restart.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  6. rip-the-jacker

Wise Guy

cheers guys, changed it over, perfect!

7. Double07

Wise Guy

until you realise that multiple hibernates on windows just turns it into a pile of sludge after a while. always good to have a proper power down now and then :)