1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro console and games thread 56k no no

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by Baine, 3 May 2006.

1. phatboy

Soldato

naa all here fine mate, sent you an email yesterday. thanks for the extra bits and pieces in the box too :)

2. robgti

Hitman

While I was out today I managed to pick up Spyro 1,2 and 3 for the PS1 for £1 each and also Crash Bandicoot and Crash Bash for £1 each. All in pretty good condition as well.

3. phatboy

Soldato

Just looked at my bank....may have to cull the retro purchases......+ when the little one is born I aint going to be playing it for a while lol

4. PiKe

Caporegime

I have a load of PC Gamer demo discs in their jewel cases. Anyone want them before I chuck them away?

5. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

switch modded SNES? I had a snes, never knew you could mod it, what's it do? /intrigued

6. Armadillo

Mobster

50Hz/60Hz switch, so the console is no longer an abomination.
    Region lockout on/off.

7. phatboy

Soldato

would love to do this to my snes i just got :) looks BRILLIANT with the RGB Svideo cable i have for my N64, but got to hate them borders :(

so much for not getting anything else......looked on ebay this morning and someone was selling a crystal xbox package + games in the village i work in with 6 days left...offered them £15 and i collect tuesday before work, they said yes....WIN! :D

Frodo - thanks for the offer on the xbox buddy, but i think i am sorted now :)

8. ONESHOTKILL

Soldato

I wish my bongos would hurry up ! I also keep getting outbid on resident evil 4 chainsaw joypad :(

9. phatboy

Soldato

god i love donkey konga!.....looks like it is £9 incl delivery from CEX with bongos....TEMPTED

10. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

I see, cool :)

so the region lockout does the JAP carts actually fit the UK SNES? or does it only work for US games or something?

11. ONESHOTKILL

Soldato

I paid £44 for boxed bongos and 18 gamecube games posted thought was decent price buy it now

12. JDR82

Hitman

The other way round, japanese carts fit fine as they are the same size and shape as pal carts, its US carts that don't fit but you can cut the cart slot so they fit or use a converter if like me you would rather not cut the snes.

13. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

so its possible to play jap and us games on a uk snes, brilliant!!

14. Armadillo

Mobster

Not all will work with the region lock disabled, any advanced lockout protected game won't boot (Kirby superstar, Mario RPG & a few others I can't remember).

Also need the 60Hz switch, or they will just play in 50Hz.

Switch method is outdated anyway.

SuperCIC is now the best for imports. Much nicer solution, everything works (including the advanced lockout games). Automatic frequency switch after 10 seconds to get around the boot check, can be paired up with the IGR chip so can reset the console from controller & switch mode from controller if you want.

15. Frodo1805

PermaBanned

You cannot sell outside of MM - Rilot

16. richb93

Wise Guy

How much do you think I could get? It's a US unit but they're region free (I'm going to add a region switch to it)

I've only done the 50/60Hz mod, no region lockout fixing (yet).

I just don't use either that much.

17. phatboy

Soldato

you arent wrong there mate :).....bargain

18. ONESHOTKILL

Soldato

Bought resident evil 1,2,4 and zero off eBay last night for the gamecube for £45 I really need to delete this eBay app on my phone. I wanted resident evil 2 but bidding on that on its own was £27 then I spotted a listing for that lot and nobody bidded apart from myself.That will be 3 copies of resident evil 1 I have but I will just sell then on to fund resident evil 3 nemesis

19. oweneades

Sgarrista

Picked up a few games courtesy of thepigfamer (on here):

[​IMG]

Shenmue II looks brand new.

[​IMG]

I now have both... :D

I had forgotten how unforgiving the licence tests were in GT1.

20. slinxy

Mobster

dam this thread!! I've open an ebay account again, I cancelled my last one as it got hacked and its been years since I've had one.

Now I'm shopping for old games that I've given away/sold on/binned years ago.