Retro console and games thread

Associate
So after the delights of moving home I'm now in the process of setting up my consoles properly!

groom1_zpslzqbojhw.jpg

The game in the picture is Thunderforce 3 running on an everdrive MD I recently acquired. Looks lovely on the 42" using an RGB scart:

as_zps3vcolbaz.jpg

My next task is to (permanently) wire up the MVS once I have found a box for it to live in.

Associate
Strangely there isnt as much glare as the picture is making out. However you are right, I need to change the blind from a lime green one (came with the house) to a blackout..

Soldato
Last nights eBay win - very happy with this, it's mint and I've never played a SNES before. I also have an RGB Scart on the way for my old SONY crt.

0O28qiS.jpg

wqzqI5m.jpg

35a0hMP.jpg

3mpxoPD.jpg

Saturday also saw me buy a mint MKI Mega Drive with two pads, Altered Beast, Cool Spot and Aladdin. I have Sonic 1 and Ecco on the way too.

Associate
So last night I attempted the 60hz mod on my pal mega drive 2.

Unfortunately it wasn't totally successful. The mod has worked, the picture displayed is definitely 60hz, no borders and a slight speed increase, but whenever I push any button on the controller, the screen goes crazy. If I don't push any buttons, its stable.

To rule out my LCD TV, I hooked up the RGB lines to my Gonbes 8220 upscaler but that didn't make a difference either. I'm wondering if 60hz draws more current or something and my power supply is on its last legs.

Anyway I think I'll just end up buying an NTSC console.. unless anyone here as experience with this mod.

Man of Honour
Only picked up Sega Megadrive collection on PS2 over the last couple of weeks.

Though I was encouraged to see a couple of Master System and Megadrive games at the car boot on Sunday. Nothing worth buying, but not seen anything that old in previous visits.

Back
Top Bottom