1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro console and games thread 56k no no

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by Baine, May 3, 2006.

1. OpenToSuggestions

Capodecina

Good buy on that Gamecube!

The Gamecube console itself is totally worthless, but those games are very desirable, espcially Paper Mario!

2. WaynelleUK09

Hitman

Yeah paper mario was the only 1 i needed for my collection, the rest ill just sell on, quite pleased with how my gamecube collection is coming on.

3. Deo_volente

Hitman

[​IMG]

Got a package coming in the mail from Japan, upcoming birthday treat to myself :D. Never ordered anything from Japan b4 so just hope it gets here ok.

Also i randomly found (was googling something else) a shop online which sells exclusively Jap import stuff so took a punt and ordered a couple of games from them (the price worked out a bit better than the current ebay prices for them).

4. Cavallino

Capodecina

What you oredered?

5. Deo_volente

Hitman

It's nothing too exciting but is something i've wanted for quite a while. Will post some pics up when it gets here.

6. WaynelleUK09

Hitman

Been trying to sort the collection out today and get it out of the boxes they have been stuck in, so got some cheap shelving from argos going to need another 1 or 2 big ones as i still have a few tubs with 200+ps2 + xbox games in,snes games and 70 odd psp games, but pleased with the prgress so far

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  7. pdaboy

Gangster

Really nice Wayne. Do you have a catalogue number for the shelving?

8. WaynelleUK09

Hitman

9288892 it's end of line stock it's not going in the new catalogue so selling them off cheap selling out pretty fast so try and get them fast if u want some.

9. pdaboy

Gangster

Thanks I got one reserved at my local

10. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

Nice find, I reserved one also.

11. Deo_volente

Hitman

Does anybody know anything about step down transformers or recommend one if you use one for your import consoles (specifically Jap). Gonna need one for when my new toy gets here.Thanks.

12. cee-S-dee

Hitman

If you tell us what it is there may be a suitable UK psu that you could use. :D

13. phatboy

Soldato

all my local charity shops seem void of owt good at the moment :(

14. Deo_volente

Hitman

OK lol, i give in :D Its a Famicom AV. I did a bit of digging and i think i could get away with using Megadrive 1 psu.

*It didn't arrive yet :( (and i've no idea where it is 'cus the tracking sucks) however my other parcel arrived from that game shop i was on about :D

[​IMG]

Gotta love the Famicom carts, so much more colourful than the grey boring and HUGE NES carts.Well maybe these 2 aren't really that colouful :o

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  15. cee-S-dee

Hitman

Did you buy it from hit Japan? Congrats by the way on the purchase. One of my favourite consoles. I have a Twin Famicom and an AV Famicom which I modded with a nesrgb board.

Yeah a MD1 power supply is what I use for most of my consoles. The twin fami actually uses a psone psu.

Do you have any particular games lined up to play? Kirbys adventure is a great platformer and I'm playing a lot of balloon fight atm. Being a Famicom it will play all the expanded Audio games also.

16. Deo_volente

Hitman

Yeah it's coming across from Japan, knowing my luck it'll end up at the bottom of the sea.I have Akumajo Special Boku Dracula Kun and Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti sitting here next to me and there were a few games include with the console.

Regarding a Megadrive 1 psu do you think one of the unofficial replacement ones you can get would be ok as i only have a MD2 which isn't the same polarity.

Edit* i just realised you said Hit Japan, no its coming from someone else. I didn't take the big step of ordering anything from Ebay yet :o guess i need to sort my Paypal account out and get it linked to my Ebay acc i made a while back.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  17. theMilitant

Wise Guy

A very well organised game collection you've got there Waynelle. Puts my cardboard boxes of games to shame.

18. cee-S-dee

Hitman

Akumajo is a great game. I've not gone through it but it was a lot of fun and a great platformer. I even took a pic ages ago of it.

[​IMG]

I've not tried splatterhouse yet, you'll have to give me your impressions. I'm currently in the process of making a Sweet Home Translation cart. I have the donor, just need to get the eeproms done to transplant in. It really is truly a fantastic machine and the AVfami is the best model to get!

19. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

Games in the new unit :D

[​IMG]

Turns out if I buy any more games, I'll need more space!

20. WaynelleUK09

Hitman

Looking good Craig you've just reminded me about my dreamcast games aswell lol, I've got another unit reserved lol they fill up fast here's what it looks like at the minute still moving things about

[​IMG]