Retro console and games thread

Associate
I lost a couple last night. What amazes me still is the sound quality of the Amiga. It blows the rest of the 16Bit consoles out the water.

I got 50 disks with the console - many Amiga Format demo disks. Can't wait to go through them all.

Soldato
I remember I've asked this before and did get the answer but instead of searching through..

What's the best thing to pick up to play my game cube/ps2 to my hdmi monitor. Currently I have rgb scart cables for both. So I recall a converter of sorts being recommended?

I do have a CRT But my little room it's In gets so hot at the moment I would sooner just have a bash at my desk through my monitor. Thanks in advance

Underboss
Kinger
for me, i hooked the PS2 via component to my TV, but you can simply buy a converter from Component to HDMI if need be (as its a monitor, not sure it will still work) which should give you the best quality
as for Gamecube, the rbb scart is ridiculously pricey, get a wii and get a wii2HDMI adaptor instead

Soldato
Kinger
for me, i hooked the PS2 via component to my TV, but you can simply buy a converter from Component to HDMI if need be (as its a monitor, not sure it will still work) which should give you the best quality
as for Gamecube, the rbb scart is ridiculously pricey, get a wii and get a wii2HDMI adaptor instead

Are you referring to the component cable for the GC? Silly money that!

Yea I just have hdmi in the back so maybe I'll try something like a component to hdmi converter for the ps2

Man of Honour
Component cable for GC is pointless anyway, since PAL games can't make use of it.

So you can either use a Wii and component cables to play GameCube games or an upscaler which can can cost anything from £10 to £400

Associate
been reading up on installing RetroPie ready and decided to have a blast on Chase HQ, double dragon etc again, those were the days !

I bought an SD card with everything already set up from ebay - so I plugged it into my new Pi and was playing in a couple of minutes. :D It probably cost about £10 extra, but saved a lot of time I guess, as the Metadata and box-art for games was included.

My bro' and I have had great fun on SNES Tetris Attack, Micro Machines, Wrestlemania (was fun for one match, so we quit while we were ahead) and Mario 3's battle game. It's been much less hassle than setting the old consoles back up.

I also didn't expect to be playing N64 games with a SNES pad.

Back
Top Bottom