Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
I'd imagine something like this could do a fair job for playing my GC/Ps2 on my monitor?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00RMMGOGS?psc=1

'half price' at them moment if that really means anything. I imagine these sort of devices vary in quality vastly

I sold a used one of those a while back for more than that price so it's probably a fairly decent deal.

Can't say I really tested it though. It was just part of a bundle of stuff I bought.

Soldato
I sold a used one of those a while back for more than that price so it's probably a fairly decent deal.

Can't say I really tested it though. It was just part of a bundle of stuff I bought.

Price could be worth a shot then, and if it's no good I could sell it on I guess

I have received the parcel today btw, will open it up and sort Trust when I get home from work :)

emu

emu

Associate
anybody rocking the original xbox ? i got 5 at the moment in various states of modification and a lot of original games.Coinops is lovely

Soldato
I miss my original Xbox, being able to play online from a console at my tv was amazing back then! ended up giving it away to a couple with a heavily autistic son as video games kept him calm, he wasn't good at games or could really play them but I think holding the controller and the colours onscreen just mesmerised him. They couldn't really afford to buy it off me or a new one.

It was a nice thing to do I suppose but I cried inside for a few days haha. :D

Soldato
I miss my original Xbox, being able to play online from a console at my tv was amazing back then! ended up giving it away to a couple with a heavily autistic son as video games kept him calm, he wasn't good at games or could really play them but I think holding the controller and the colours onscreen just mesmerised him. They couldn't really afford to buy it off me or a new one.

It was a nice thing to do I suppose but I cried inside for a few days haha. :D

Good man, probably meant so much to them

Underboss
I'd imagine something like this could do a fair job for playing my GC/Ps2 on my monitor?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00RMMGOGS?psc=1

'half price' at them moment if that really means anything. I imagine these sort of devices vary in quality vastly

thats the one i use, its just a Generic thing, i got a maplin one which is IDENTICAL, just that i got mine 2nd hand of the bay
just look on the bay cheapest first, until you come across that style, dont buy the other one, apparently they are worse

i use my PSX only , although i tried snes and worked fine too, just frees up a scart socket

Soldato
thats the one i use, its just a Generic thing, i got a maplin one which is IDENTICAL, just that i got mine 2nd hand of the bay
just look on the bay cheapest first, until you come across that style, dont buy the other one, apparently they are worse

i use my PSX only , although i tried snes and worked fine too, just frees up a scart socket

Are you pleased with the picture, for what it is?

Associate
Can you guys suggest some Must own PS2 games?

Maybe some of the more vague/ 'hidden gems' not the obvious stuff like GTA and so on. Maybe exclusives too

Thanks

Okami is the best game on the Wii in my opinion, so if it's anywhere near as good on the PS2, I recommend that - some of the controls suit the Wii remote superbly, so it's worth checking up on, though I believe it was well reviewed on the PS2 as well.

Also Lunar Silver Star Story and ICO.

Man of Honour
Okami is the best game on the Wii in my opinion, so if it's anywhere near as good on the PS2, I recommend that - some of the controls suit the Wii remote superbly, so it's worth checking up on, though I believe it was well reviewed on the PS2 as well.

Also Lunar Silver Star Story and ICO.

Probably better off playing the PS3 HD remake of Okami, particularly because it uses the Move controller. There's also a PS3 HD remake of ICO.

A lot of the games in my MM thread were bought as recommended hidden gem games. ;);)

Soldato
Converter box arrived and does the job nicely, not had a proper play just yet but will hopefully get a session in this evening!

20170722_153400.jpg

20170722_153356.jpg

It has an audio Jack, as does my pc monitor but with headphones I can't adjust the volume. It's present at a mild level so should be find but may plug my pc speakers in to my monitor so I can adjust that as I please. Wouldn't be an issue via a TV of course

Back
Top Bottom