Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
I believe it came out on PC as well, so maybe keyboard and mouse controls were what the game was designed to be played on and a game pad is a big compromise?

Never played it myself but have been tempted to get it for PC in the past.

Soldato
I believe it came out on PC as well, so maybe keyboard and mouse controls were what the game was designed to be played on and a game pad is a big compromise?

Never played it myself but have been tempted to get it for PC in the past.

Controls would be better on PC for sure, I think I will try the boss fight tonight and if the game itself doesn't change it up much I will move on! Got a few JRPGS and Horrors arriving this week :p

Soldato
If you guys buy a game cheap like the thing and you find out it's not that great, do you remove it from your collection or keep it on the shelf? I'm try to not have any filler, but saying that i grabbed san andreas for 99p today in a charity shop as i was just walking by, i have no intention of playing it but i feel thay one belongs regardless

Soldato
Couple of arrivals today!

20170920_173436.jpg

Soldato
Nice! I've got SH3 here to play still. I never got around to playing it back in the day.

Same! I loved SH2 which I played for the first time recently. This one may look nicer as I understand it's on a different game engine etc.

Project zero has me interested. The 2nd game comes up a lot in scariest game lists so thought I would try this one first as it's much cheaper and see if it's for me

Always wanted to try Dragon quest too! Only one hasn't arrived, Rogue Galaxy. Hopefully that shows up tomorrow

Associate
Been playing some Need for Speed Carbon on the PS2, forgot how much i loved that game. Still think Underground 2 is better tho

May start GTA Vice City once thats done.

Soldato
Been playing some Need for Speed Carbon on the PS2, forgot how much i loved that game. Still think Underground 2 is better tho

May start GTA Vice City once thats done.
Vice city was and still is the highlight of the series for sure. The setting and soundtrack are spot on. Need to get it myself!

Last NFS i enjoyed was underground 1, nice mix of everything. Never been a fan of open world racers like Underground 2 but I see it's a great game!

Associate
Vice city was and still is the highlight of the series for sure. The setting and soundtrack are spot on. Need to get it myself!

Last NFS i enjoyed was underground 1, nice mix of everything. Never been a fan of open world racers like Underground 2 but I see it's a great game!

Totally agree with Vice City being the best in the series, Setting up my old PS2 has made me remember how many classics the console had, might get Silent Hill 3 after seeing the picture above!

do any of those hdmi converters work? theres one on ebay for £8, is it worth it?

Soldato
Totally agree with Vice City being the best in the series, Setting up my old PS2 has made me remember how many classics the console had, might get Silent Hill 3 after seeing the picture above!

do any of those hdmi converters work? theres one on ebay for £8, is it worth it?

I'm till waiting for a firm answer on if it will improve my set up, I may just try it. Currently have RGB scart to a converter box then out to hdmi. The picture is fine! But if one of those adapters would offer a better imagine I would grab it

Associate
I'm till waiting for a firm answer on if it will improve my set up, I may just try it. Currently have RGB scart to a converter box then out to hdmi. The picture is fine! But if one of those adapters would offer a better imagine I would grab it

i may just grab one as well, im currently just use the standard scart cable that it came with lol so surely anything will be an improvement on that

might get the GameCube setup next!

Soldato
I think if I see one in a shop out and about I may grab one, otherwise I shan't fight for one. Mainly as I never owned one I don't have nostalgia for the system unfortunately. Have played some of the games since though
I had one and loved it. Gutted as I only got rid of it 6 years ago. However I did keep a few of the games and thankfully a couple of high priced games at that.

Soldato
20170923_172109.jpg

Received the PS2 to HDMI and a Wii to HDMI. Also grabbed a Wii today at CEX in an attempt to get the gamecube games looking their best.

Both devices stick out the back by quite a bit as mentioned in the vids etc but that's not an issue, certain it looks sharper. I think my RGB converter box was doing a good job as it looked pretty good. I wonder if that box would upscale this HDMI signal? Not sure but as it is, I'm happy! The old method I was using didn't completely fill the screen top and bottom but this does it nicely. Set it to 4:3 in the Wii settings and my screen. Screen detects it at 480i.

On the ps2 slim, the device covers the digital optical port or at least gets a bit close to it so the cable I was using there doesn't fit now, maybe I can get a smaller one and just about get it in.

Soldato
Managed to pick up Zelda: Twilight Pricess HD collectors edition on Wii U. Complete with unopened Wolf-Link Amiibo for £26.50.

Going after as much Wii U stuff just now while its still cheap.

Back
Top Bottom