Retro console and games thread

Soldato
PS2 to HDMI..? Is that expensive? I'm using composite still.
Like £10-15. I think they all do the same really just different names and models! Amazon have a fair few I just went for the one with the best reviews ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...s=ps2+hdmi&dpPl=1&dpID=41D02Bfb4qL&ref=plSrch

It does stick out the back by like 2 inches once you have a cable in the end of it too. Not bad just have to have it brought forward on my desk a bit.

The way it's designed also means you can't stand it up vertically due to the usb cable that powers it sticks out the bottom.crap design in that sense!

This is one of the points for people giving it a negative review.

Also any reviews claiming it doesn't work tend to be from users not understanding the set up properly. Before you use it, with your current cables plugged in, go in to the settings and switch from RGB to the other mode in display settings! Can't remember what it is, starts with Y.

Then turn it off, plug the HDMI in and you are good to go :)

If you just plug it straight in without changing this setting first you just get a blank screen ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
The bots are going at it hardcore on the preorders literally sold out with in seconds of going up on the sites, really hope the scalpers get burnt.
I have one ordered but think I might have to cancel due to cash shortage. Just don't want to risk not being able to buy one even though they say they will be on sale till next year.

Soldato
Well looks like I've missed out on a SNES mini. Smyths tried to take payment yesterday and I won't have the funds till Thursday so they said they will haveto cancel my order as they can't keep it till then :(

really not happy!!

Soldato
Was in Budapest for a wedding so I decided to visit the Pinball Museum.
Your have to excuse the poor pictures, crappy phone and poor lighting in there.

zNiq2xV.jpg

EQvlU0R.jpg

jsibq1v.jpg

myyeNRE.jpg

N0SLy6G.jpg

pZopNGF.jpg

wHhG4SJ.jpg

Was fantastic fun.
Loved some of the older games/pinballs, simplistic but there's something really satisfying about the buzzing/clacking noises they make.

Soldato
I grabbed a Wii last week strictly for GC gaming.. picked up Mario Galaxy 2 today. Always wanted to play it. It remains one of the highest rated games of all time so why not.

Probably the only actual Wii game I will play though

Associate
.....and that was the last we ever saw of Kinger (Well, for a couple of weeks anyway) :p

Some very good games on the Wii, you got to root through a lot of crap to get to them though.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
With all the talk of SNES mini I decided to go into the attic and dig out my SNES original. Spent the afternoon playing this lot with my little'uns :D

VZ4T1MA.jpg
CPwQ4i9.jpg

I'm missing a box somewhere though, can't find my Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country games anywhere... think i'm going to have to venture deeper and see if I can find them later!

Back
Top Bottom