Retro console and games thread

Associate
bOwUVy
suR5ic6.jpg.png My new purchase

Last edited:
Soldato
I still really want boxed copies of Zelda 1 & 2 for the NEX and Zelda for the SNES. But the prices are getting crazy now. The only Zelda games I don't have in my collection.

Keep an eye on mm in the next few weeks! I think it’s about time my SNES collection hits the open market (boxed Zelda with map will be in there)

Man of Honour
The 1960 monitor... Not so much. Recapped and replaced the power transistors. Working, but colours are out and screen is squished. So time for some more reading into monitor rebuilding.

Monitor update... replaced almost everything now. Seriously, all the diodes, most of the resistors and the remains of the capacitors that I hadn't done before. And holy hell... It's ALIIIIIIVE!!!

Actually looks better now than it has in many a year. Wonder how long it was slowly dying...

On the monitor side... just picked up from a local auction an odd as hell monitor, but it's sure as hell going into my arcade build. It's a Eizo 27" 1920x1920 LCD. So it'll do landscape and portrait without rotating the monitor. Going to have to rebuild the control panel, as it's wider than the 20" 4x3 that was going into it, but hell it's worth it. Can use the blank space around the image for some artwork or control schemes and so on.

Back
Top Bottom