Retro console and games thread

Soldato
On the one hand so many Neo Geo's, proper Saturns and SNES'!

Not so sold on the variants of the later consoles, didn't think the ps3 mattered is it was black or white....

Also cool Sonic!!!

Soldato
The Wii games will be £100+ alone. Melee is like £50 I think, resi games are like £30 each. I've asked for them but she's not replied to the post yet, someone a minute before me PMed them.

These deals never go to people that want to play the games :( I imagine some one has already listed them on eBay for a dirty profit ;)

Caporegime
The Wii games will be £100+ alone. Melee is like £50 I think, resi games are like £30 each. I've asked for them but she's not replied to the post yet, someone a minute before me PMed them.

You’re kidding?

I’ve got a residents page in my development and someone was giving away a wii for free with a bunch of games a few weeks ago. I didn’t bother as I could do with getting rid of a few things before adding to my flat, but I do intend to get one at some point... didn’t realise the games were quite so pricey.

Soldato
You’re kidding?

I’ve got a residents page in my development and someone was giving away a wii for free with a bunch of games a few weeks ago. I didn’t bother as I could do with getting rid of a few things before adding to my flat, but I do intend to get one at some point... didn’t realise the games were quite so pricey.
Only a few are. The Last Story and Pandora's Tower are about £30-40 each I believe as they're fairly niche games that have a passionate audience. Brawl and Zelda would probably fetch about £15-20 each too just because they're Smash and Zelda.

Soldato
20190120-114708.jpg

Picked these up today. Hopefully finally going to see FF7 through. I've tried a few times in the past but never gave it a good chance

Associate
20190120-114708.jpg

Picked these up today. Hopefully finally going to see FF7 through. I've tried a few times in the past but never gave it a good chance

Nice, enjoy them :) I've got them all apart from 9 on Steam and just finished 7 recently. Took around 60 hours but that's with levelling some characters to 99. Hopefully you manage to get through it as its a great game. Going to start 8 soon and then will try and buy a copy of 9 on psx or steam once I've completed it.

Man of Honour
I played FF7 when it first came out and I loved it. I started it on Boxing Day and had finished it by New Years day and immediately started it again after completion.

I remember playing in to the small hours, making it to a save point, then being curious as to what came next. Then ending up playing for another hour or more to the next save point.

Then I tried playing it again last year. The looped music , the clunky menus, crap dialogue and a million other annoyances soon made me realise that some older games are best left in the past.

Last edited:
Soldato
I plapla FF7 when it first came out and I loved it. I started it on Boxing Day and had finished it by New Years day and immediately started it again after completion.

I remember playing in to the small hours, making it to a save point, then being curious as to what came next. Then ending up playing for another hour or more to the next save point.

Then I tried playing it again last year. The looped music , the clunky menus, crap dialogue and a million other annoyances soon made me realise that some older games are best left in the past.

Now I'm really excited to see what happens :D

I can understand that for sure. So far it seems pretty good for what it was, I like that you can speed the battles up in the menu/settings which would help if it becomes a slog. Not sure how far I will get but do want to try to see it through if I can.

I do prefer shorter retro games though, don't spend too much time on these systems so like to see as many games through as I can. Will probably have to box it all up later in the year as we are expecting baby number 2! And the room I use will need to be a nursery by then. Not sure if I'll sell stuff or keep hold of it all but will let you folks know first as and when ;)

Man of Honour
Now I'm really excited to see what happens :D

I can understand that for sure. So far it seems pretty good for what it was, I like that you can speed the battles up in the menu/settings which would help if it becomes a slog. Not sure how far I will get but do want to try to see it through if I can.

I do prefer shorter retro games though, don't spend too much time on these systems so like to see as many games through as I can. Will probably have to box it all up later in the year as we are expecting baby number 2! And the room I use will need to be a nursery by then. Not sure if I'll sell stuff or keep hold of it all but will let you folks know first as and when ;)

It's more that some of the game mechanics, gameplay and style have dated and similar games have evolved and matured.

You try playing the first Jak & Daxter game. It's the reverse camera controls that mare the game more than anything else. Simply because control of a 3D camera has matured to the exact opposite and it's difficult to go back.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's more that some of the game mechanics, gameplay and style have dates and similar games have evolved and matured.

You try playing the first Jak & Daxter game. It's the reverse camera controls that mare the game more than anything else. Simply because control of a 3D camera has matured to the exact opposite and it's difficult to go back.
Ah yes that sort of stuff can be a mess can't it. Camera controls are the biggest downside to revisiting games of that sort of era :(

(Sad to say I never played Jak 1-3 :( )

Soldato
Px77vFDl.jpg

Decided to just pick this up yesterday while I was in town. Sadly it didn't come with the manual but I don't mind, I got it to play. It was cheap enough anyway, so if I do eventually want the manual I can just spend a few quid to buy an eBay copy and give this one to my Dad.

Soldato
I was expecting to get somewhat upset listing it all. Didnt really. More interested in the nice things the £££ will bring.( new garden lawn... New kitchen lights as only 1/6 work..)

Back
Top Bottom