Retro console and games thread

Soldato
I'm still thinking about my spelling of the word temptation!

*EDIT* I went back to buy it and it's gone! :( What a t**t I am! The remote must be worth about 50 quid on its own!
what did i tell you!!

I have missed out on so many things.. If I see them now I will almost always grab them... If I do decide it was silly or I dont need it then I will move it on to a fellow enthusiast. Much less feeling of missing something :)

Associate
what did i tell you!!

I have missed out on so many things.. If I see them now I will almost always grab them... If I do decide it was silly or I dont need it then I will move it on to a fellow enthusiast. Much less feeling of missing something :)

Yeah lesson learned. Ive not even seen such a good 32" CRT for sale for ages. I have the room to leave it lying around too so I'm just nothing more than an idiot!

Soldato
Got my hands on one of these at last

sam1.jpg

sam2.jpg

sam3.jpg

Soldato
Couple of fun/important games to add in here :)

I think I'm about done on cube games/things now, there's all the big/unique games in the collection to enjoy and the gba upscaler is amazing.

The DC now has a great selection with gunbird 2 being the shooter of choice, just need some 2d fighters and I'm set :)

The Saturn is going to be a time and money sink at this rate... Been shown guardian heroes on the xbox and managed to justify it's cheaper on the Saturn because I don't have to by the xbox and therefore it's less!

Caporegime
Sad to hear. The retro games scene has become a bit of a disaster, everyone has cottoned on to the fact people want to collect old games so its full of re-sellers. Also if you look in various marketplaces people are always trying to put a ridiculous price onto common items.

I have a small collection and have all updated leads for the consoles (Mostly Nintendo stuff) and do actually play mine. Unless you are absolutely anal about having physical copies better just to get SD carts and load hundreds of games on them. My Nintendo 64 is by far my favourite console yet some of the games (which i foolishly traded into EB/Game for peanuts back in the day) are crazy prices now.

Associate
Still got my original C&C and RA box and manual etc :cool:

A local eBay purchase, the seller only lived down the road so off I went to collect. The seller very generously threw in a complete big box copy of C&C with expansions and Red Alert disks inside.

The auction never made any reference to C&C! :)

Soldato
I'm so gutted .I sold all my big box pc games for pennies about 6-7 years ago.

Full half life collection. Sims 1 and most add ons. Age of Empires and Age of Mythology. The original Settlers 1-3. And lots of other FPS titles too.

Used too be a big PC gamer.

Soldato
Just going to leave this here with the price on:

Absolute score! still have my big box copies of the original C&C all expansions and Red Alert :)

Haven't been in here for a while...…..could be dangerous lol

Recent Aquistions:

Amiga 500 with 512kb Expansion - £20
Sega Master System II + 9 games - FREE as my boss is moving and having a clearout :) - has said he has a USA Cube in his loft somewhere too.....fingers are crossed

Associate
Come to the conclusion that I should probably sell my Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro joystick :( I was going to set up a retro gaming rig, but really don't have the time or inclination to do a proper job. What would it be worth do you thing? Bear in mind its a gameport (DB-15 joystick) which doesn't work with USB adaptors...

Back
Top Bottom