Review of the 'Logitech MX Anywhere 2S' and 'Logitech M590 Silent Wireless Mouse' mice

Associate
I'm so disappointed with Logitech. I've bought the 'Logitech MX Anywhere 2S' and 'Logitech M590 Silent Wireless Mouse' thinking one would be the perfect fit for a wireless mouse that I could take to work / use at home / on the train etc.

Both mice track atrociously. They're so bad I'm wondering if I'm using the mouse wrong! In Excel highlighting a cell and dragging to the right, with either mouse I can't keep it in a straight line. The M590 just flies off upwards when I'm dragging it as straight right as I can. The 2S is better and only marginally goes upwards. As an example, selecting a cell in row A and dragging to the right hand side of the screen, on average I'm seeing:

- Wireless M590: tracks 7 rows above, it's comical. If I wanted to draw graphs all day it'd be perfect!
- Wireless 2S: tracks a lot better, one / two rows above. It does feel like it's going marginally up though, and not just my inability to keep it dead straight.

Compared to:

- Wired Razer Deathadder Re-Spawn: tracks either in line, or one row below - it feels accurate though and only down to me

Maybe the M590 is so terrible due to the sensor being on the right hand side, slightly below centre. The 2S' sensor is dead on centre horizontally, and again slightly below vertical centre.

What a waste. The M590 is unusable, the feet on it feel bad as well. It might tout itself as 'silent', that goes when it makes a racket scraping across the Ikea desk. The 2S' feet feel smoother, but still, I'm not paying top dollar for this rubbish. Both getting returned to the Rainforest.

I don't quite understand how the YouTube video reviews on either mouse haven't picked this up, RocketJumpNinja would have a field day with these paperweights!

Last edited:
Associate
I have two Logitech MX mice and can't rate them highly enough. Had them both coming on 5 years now and both still going strong.

I do like the look of this Razer Atheris though and look forward to the reviews

Back
Top Bottom