Reyland 6 litre Firenza project

My mate had a few Firenzas back in the day, I remember them having a funky horizontal speedo though which was about the only thing that I actually remember about them and the amazing angle the original engine was mounted at, it was half a V8 but looked really odd in the engine bay if you ever saw one.

Is he going to Droop Snoot it?

No Droop Snoot.

I think it will end up getting painted the original blue colour.

Few more photos from Trevor today :grin: He had to jump onto a couple of other jobs but is back on the Firenza now. I'm going down on Saturday to check it out (and to tell him what colour to paint it :cry:)

Photo0208web.jpg

Photo0207web.jpg

Photo0219web.jpg

Photo0217web.jpg

Photo0213web.jpg

Photo0212web.jpg

Photo0220web.jpg

That is AWESOME.

Many years ago I built (with some assistance!) a Vauxhall Victor of similar era but with the traditional 5.7 litre Chevy V8 in it (350 4 bolt).

I vote for the original blue for the final colour.

Keep it subtle.

Little update (some of this has been posted on GD but I've added it here).

My Firenza runs 16" wheels front and rear and originally had 225/45 (608mm tall) on the front and 245/45 (625mm tall) on the rear, anyhow it soon became clear that the fronts were too tall as they foul the wings (at the ride height I want) when turning on bump and so I had to step down to 225/40 (586mm tall) tyres.

This had the knock on effect of making the rear tyres look like balloons compared to the new fronts, so I thought ok lets get new rear tyres too but I soon discovered that there is a very limited choice in 16" rubber and there isnt anything available that would work
bigcry.gif
Then I had a brainwave, bin off the rear wheels completely and buy a new pair of 17" TFNs from Compomotive and fit 245/35x17 (604mm tall) tyres. This would give a great look and also the overall height of the rear would come down, job jobbed!

Tractor rears...

Picture001.jpg

Well, once I had convinced myself that spending 1k on rear wheels and tyres was a good idea I was straight on the phone to Compomotive to place my order.... Only to be told that they had no stock of TFN 17" centres and that they had no plans to remake them any time soon if at all
bigcry.gif
bigcry.gif
bigcry.gif
I really wanted them so I nagged and nagged but it fell of deaf ears, then brainwave no.2 came. Why not get someone to copy my original 16" rears and machine me a new pair from billet but in 17" , Boyd Coddington styleee
icon_mrgreen.gif

So a call was made to Mark at MK Motorsport and he gave the correct answer... Yes!

So I sent Mark my original 16" rear..

Picture003.jpg

And a 17" CXN centre (for outer rim location measurements)

Picture004.jpg

Mark has ordered the billet 6082 alloy blanks and has sent me this CAD drawing..

02032011.jpg

Lucky for me that yesterday I decided to buy the inner and outer rims, so I called Compomotive and they don't keep the sizes that I need! :-( So I spoke with Image wheels who sold me a pair of inners and outers, I'm lucky because I found out before Mark had made the centres that Compomotive use 30 fixing bolts and Image use 35!

Here is the new rear 17" tyre...

IMG00318-20110301-1601.jpg

I get the car back from the paintshop on Saturday and now need to think about having the whole interior done, I'm liking this look for the front and rear seats..

Modern-interior-trimming-1-.jpg

Just a teaser...

Photo0024web-1.jpg

Photo0029web-1.jpg

With regards to the colour it's not the original blue and thankfully it's not that VW purple either!

All will be revealed soon but it is a colour from a very modern german car.

Back
Top Bottom